FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated Buttons Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Benton
Animated Buttons Problem
on Feb 16, 2009 at 6:17:49 pm

Some of my menus have animated buttons and audio. When I preview the disc and scroll through the different buttons, each time I land on a different button it starts my audio and the animated videos over again. I'm sure this is an easy setting change but I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Animated Buttons Problem
on Feb 16, 2009 at 7:04:52 pm

Actually, this is the way motion menus work in DVD-Video: each motion menu has its own (and only one) video and audio track.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 16, 2009 at 7:09:55 pm

Ah, wait. Re-reading your post, I think I see what you mean is this happens within the same menu.

Have you tried burning a DVD RW and testing it in a DVD player?

Return to posts index

Mike Benton
on Feb 16, 2009 at 7:29:57 pm

No I haven't tried burning it yet and seeing what it does. I figured if it done this in preview mode it would do it even after burning but maybe not. I just want the audio and video to keep playing as long as the menu is running, (no matter what buttons you scroll over.) Maybe if I set the menu to 30 seconds and then had it just repeat itself, it would work? How would I do that? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 16, 2009 at 8:20:30 pm

Before you change anything, burn a DVD RW and test it in a DVD player. Encore's Preview mode is just a simulation of a DVD player - it's not perfect. If it works as expected in a DVD player, you're project is golden.

That said, I've seen this problem reported before, but have never seen it myself.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Feb 17, 2009 at 6:18:25 am

I've had this happen to me with a Blu-ray project in Encore CS4. This happens in preview mode only. It will not happen once the disc is burned. You can test by building an image, then mount the image using a free program like daemon tools (then playing it with a program like power dvd).

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]