FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Blu-ray project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cook
First Blu-ray project
on Feb 15, 2009 at 12:19:59 am

Hey cows :)

I'm just about to start my first Encore CS3 project for Blu-ray and I'm wondering if my Blu-ray burner is up to spec. I got a Dell Precision M90 with a Matshita bd-re uj-220 burner (firmware 1.00). My question has to do with Blu-ray profiles and how that affects my authoring limitations.

Also, what is the best way to prepare the media for Encore? I captured on Avid Symphony, DNxHD220, 1080i. I was planning on authoring and creating a disk image on the Symphony system using Encore, and then burning the disk itself on my M90 using Nero.

Any comments? Suggestions? Direction?

Thanks! I love the cow!
Steve

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: First Blu-ray project
on Feb 15, 2009 at 6:37:24 pm

Whatever machine is faster is the one you want to do the encoding on. You will want to encode to H264 format within encore or with Adobe Premiere. Encore can get very picky about the files being blu-ray compliant, and usually encoding in a different program will cause it to re-transcode it in encore. H264 encoding takes forever, probably 10X longer than mpeg2 encoding (over 24 hours for an hour of video). Author it on the faster computer, if that happens to be the avid system, then do it. You can then create a Blu-ray image and burn it with nero on the other system without any problems.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]