FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere in Encore - Ameteur Question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jana Bono
Premiere in Encore - Ameteur Question
on Feb 14, 2009 at 5:49:04 pm

I'm very new to the Adobe video editing programs, I've used After Effects for a while but I was mostly using Vegas and DVD Architect for video/dvd authoring. I just got Premiere Pro, and I was wondering what the proper way to get a video that I've edited in Premiere into Encore is. With the Sony programs, DVD Architect could not open Vegas files at all, so the only way to do it was to go into Vegas, render the video or videos as MPEG-2 and .wav, and then bring those files into Architect. However, Encore seems to be able to read Premiere files, which is great because it cuts down memory spent on the intermediate-ly rendered files. Is dropping a Premiere project into Encore an effective way of getting the video to a DVD, or should I be rendering it?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Premiere in Encore - Ameteur Question
on Feb 14, 2009 at 6:02:05 pm

If you have CS4, then importing a Premiere sequence via Dynamic Link is the best option.

If you have CS3, then using "Export to Encore" encodes the Premiere sequence into MPEG2 DVD video and audio, and automatically imports it into Encore for authoring.

The only thing you lose by not exporting an intermediate .avi file from Premiere is Encore's automatic transcoding, where Encore will encode the intermediate file at the highest possible bit rate (to preserve the most quality), based on the content of the disc. No more trips to the bit rate calculator.

There is a free frameserver plug-in for Premiere CS3 and earlier called the Debugmode Frameserver (Google it). I created a tutorial on how to use that to avoid the time and quality hit of an intermediate render when going from Premiere to Encore, and yet still be able to take advantage of automatic transcoding. Unfortunately, the plug-in doesn't work in CS4.

Here's the link:

Debugmode Frameserver Tutorial

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]