FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bring back my transcoded files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Philbrook
Bring back my transcoded files
on Feb 12, 2009 at 4:24:21 am

Hey All,

I was given an Encore Project from a pocket drive that had all the original media and information on it. Loaded the project from the drive and started to created the build. Before I went through the build process, I decided to Transcode first in case there was any problems. Selected all of my files and let it run for several hours. Decided to finish up at home and continue the transcodes. When I load the project again, it only allows me to load up the original files again and when I try to replace or choose the transcodes, it does not recognize them on file and says it's a different name. Does this mean I have to start from scratch again. Is there a way to bring in the transcoded files. I don't want to start over and run it, then bring it back to work and not have it link up again. Any advice would be greatly helpful.

BTW, I am using Encore CS3. Like I mentioned before, I have been working off the drive and not doing anything on the computer HD,

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Bring back my transcoded files
on Feb 12, 2009 at 4:58:57 am

When you transcode in Encore, the transcoded files are kept in your Encore project folder. When you transcoded, where was your project folder located?

Return to posts index

Nicholas Philbrook
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:25:21 am

I having been working exclusively off the USB drive given to me. The project file and all the folders have been stored on this drive

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:40:02 am

And the source files are also on this drive?

Return to posts index

Nicholas Philbrook
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:43:22 am

Yes, but no matter what I do, when I load the project back up, it has to find the files again and it will only work when I choose the source files

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 12, 2009 at 6:01:50 am

That's a puzzler....If the source, project and transcode files are all there on the disc, it should work.

Is this a Windows project? What's the drive letter assigned on each system? What's the formatting on the disc?

Return to posts index

Nicholas Philbrook
on Feb 12, 2009 at 6:21:14 am

So I am working in a Windows environment. The computer assigns the drive as G: and it's formatted as an NFTS. When I go to the preferences, this is where Media Library content is saved to:

C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Encore CS3Library

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 12, 2009 at 3:22:42 pm

The Media Library is not the same as the transcoded files for your project.

So this device is assigned the drive letter G: on both systems? If so, this really should not be happening; if not, make sure the systems use the same drive letter.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Philbrook
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:08:42 pm

So what you're saying, the drive letter has to also be G: on the computer the project was working on for it. So what I would have to send it back to them so they could merely just do that? Is there a workaround that might be easier?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:38:42 pm

No, the other way around. Make computer 2's drive letter matches what it is on computer 1.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]