FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Button Transition, Previous Menu Flashes/Glitches Into View

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Metz
After Button Transition, Previous Menu Flashes/Glitches Into View
on Feb 6, 2009 at 8:55:06 am

A short run down:

Using Encore CS3, working in PAL 4:3 DV (not that it would appear related).

I've got a main menu and 2 sub menus (all motion menus) with button transitions in between to slide/fade the menus in and out of view. Everything works perfectly in the project preview mode (surprisingly) and also when burned and played on my standalone DVD player/TV, but when I view the build DVD on my PC using PowerDVD or Windows Media Player I get a strange glitch. Just after a button transition has occurred it flashes the previously viewed menu for half a second (or less) before displaying the correctly landed on new menu (e.g. If I was on Sub Menu 1 navigating back to the Main Menu, just after the transition away from Sub Menu 1 is completed, Sub Menu 1 temporarily flashes on screen again before properly displaying the Main Menu).

It would appear it has something to do with the menus being of the motion variety, as one work around I tried (static menus based on image files) got rid of the glitch but brought up another issue (which I won't go into and hopefully won't have to).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as the projects deadline is breathing down my neck.

Best Regards,

Justin

Edit: After testing some more, I should mention it seems to be completely random. Sometimes it glitches, sometimes it doesn't.

Return to posts index

Chris Murray
Re: After Button Transition, Previous Menu Flashes/Glitches Into View
on Jun 21, 2010 at 6:49:46 pm

Ever find any solutions to this problem? I'm having a very similar issue, but can't find anything on the internets about it. Mine works fine on the preview and when played off the disc on the computer, but when I put it in a stand-alone dvd player I get a blip of the previous menu after any transition between a menu and the actual video (play movie or any chapter selection). Its not a huge deal, but it makes it look very sloppy...

Return to posts index

Justin Metz
Re: After Button Transition, Previous Menu Flashes/Glitches Into View
on Jun 21, 2010 at 8:35:31 pm

No, unfortunately. It seemed to be a player issue some DVD players were just prone to doing it.

If you do happen to find a solution (I haven't done any similar DVD authoring since then, but still), I'd love to hear it.

Good Luck,

Justin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]