FORUMS: list search recent posts

Butons won't align with animation

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen reber
Butons won't align with animation
on Feb 6, 2009 at 5:00:21 am

Hey guys, I have this problems that's been plaguing me throughout this project, and it's finally time that I nip it in the butt because I am close to building my disc. Here is the problem...

I have an animation that is the background and the "buttons" are actually part of the animation (they aren't really buttons but I am using invisible buttons to give the illusion that they are buttons). Th animation is rendered at 720 x 480. I created the highlights in AE using the animation as a template for the placement of the highlights. The problem is, that when combine the animation and the buttons/highlights, the highlights are totally out of whack from the animation.

I've tried a ton of things from shrinking the buttons by .9 in the x to make up for the aspect ratio, rendering the animation in the .9 ratio and just moving things around.

Can anyone give an idea of what is going on, and how do I get the animation and the buttons to line up?

Thanks in advance...

Stephen

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Butons won't align with animation
on Feb 6, 2009 at 5:22:37 am

Make sure both your video and menu are 720x480 with a PAR of 0.9 through your entire workflow.

Converting one or the other to 0.9 PAR later in your workflow won't necessarily fix your problem.

Return to posts index

stephen reber
Re: Buttons won't align with animation
on Feb 6, 2009 at 5:33:22 am

Thanks for getting back to me so fast Joe =]

I'm mildly confused (really not a hard thing to do)...I know this is not the AE forum, but maybe you can un-confuse me.

I have my 720 x 480 animation on the stage in AE, and convert the settings from square pixels to .9. The image seems to stretch out, and now is longer that the stage. I have been shrinking the image to 90% in the x so it would fit back in the stage... is that a no no??

Thanks again...

Stephen

Return to posts index

stephen reber
on Feb 6, 2009 at 9:29:16 am

Hey Joe, I have found another thing that is part of my problem, and I don't know why it's happening.

I totally rebuilt my project. At the beginning I just built my main menu and button highlights, everything looks great, as you can see by the first picture, the highlight lines up with the letters/button (our conferences). But after I finished the entire project, the buttons are out of alignment. I took screen captures of each of the menus (from when I tested the menu at the beginning and the menu after my DVD was completely finished). You will notice that the finished menu (not the buttons/highlight) has shrunk compared to the first menu.

Any Idea of whats causing this?

Stephen

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 6, 2009 at 12:30:30 pm

[stephen reber] "I have been shrinking the image to 90% in the x so it would fit back in the stage... is that a no no??"

Yes, that is incorrect.

If your assets are not native 720x480 with PAR of 0.9, you need to work in square pixels (720x540 with PAR of 1.0), and then in the render queue, export to 720x480 with a PAR of 0.9.

Return to posts index

stephen reber
on Feb 6, 2009 at 7:13:51 pm

Ok, I got it, but what if my animation was 720 X 480 with square pixels, not .9? That's what my animation is, I think that might be my main problem (just realizing it). How would I correct this??

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 6, 2009 at 7:27:57 pm

[stephen reber] "...what if my animation was 720 X 480 with square pixels, not .9?"

Then you have a problem. 720x480 with square pixels is not a video standard of any kind, much less DVD-Video standard.

I'd suggest you either start fresh with a 720x480 0.9 PAR comp, or a 720x540 1.0 PAR comp.

Return to posts index

stephen reber
on Feb 6, 2009 at 7:32:15 pm

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks for your advice and help Joe! Sorry for being a pain =]

Thanks-a-billion...

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]