FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop error when trying to add motion menues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter O'Connell
Photoshop error when trying to add motion menues
on Feb 5, 2009 at 7:58:09 pm

Hi, I am using encore CS4 and am getting an error when I try to add a motion menu background to an Encore menu. It says something like "Photoshop Error -1". Also when I render an individual menu for preview, after rendering it still is just a still image. Is there a minimum version of Photoshop that I should be using?

Thanks
Pete O'Connell

roguekeyframe.com

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Photoshop error when trying to add motion menues
on Feb 5, 2009 at 9:48:05 pm

Not sure what the error means, but I know it has nothing to do with which version of Photoshop you may (or may not) have.

After rendering the motion menu, did you try viewing it in Preview mode?

Return to posts index

Peter O'Connell
on Feb 6, 2009 at 4:25:45 am

Hi, I got to the bottom of it. Since my psd files were made in AE, multiple mov files were created within the psd (I'm not sure why). This was confusing Encore.
Pete

Return to posts index

Brian Olson
on Feb 14, 2009 at 3:58:18 pm

Hi. I have the same error message coming to me. Could you please post a link to a thread that solved the issue or post a step by step as to how you solved the problem. Thanks.
- Brian

Return to posts index

Peter O'Connell
on Feb 15, 2009 at 4:24:57 pm

Hi Brian, I made my menus in AE and saved them out of AE as psd files. Because the psd file had many layers which were mov files, I guess somehow Encore gets confused. What worked for me was to reduce the psd file to only a background layer (a still) and some buttons. Then in Encore I swap out the background layer for an mov file that I am using as my motion menu.

Pete

roguekeyframe.com

Return to posts index

Charles Barclay
on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:37:48 pm

Just had the same error and this is the first hit on Google... was making my menu straight from ps and had the 'photoshop error -1' ... can confirm works if you just merge all the background layers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]