FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving an Encore Project settings

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rich
Saving an Encore Project settings
on Jan 28, 2009 at 4:43:43 pm

Is there some way in Encore CS3 to save the menu set-up (menu routing, button routing, color sets, etc., so that I could just import the "set up", and then just hook up the buttons to new timelines or chapters and burn it?
I was thinking of using "Save as" to a different name, and then reimporting that and deleting the previous timelines, and then resaving just the menus hoping they would keep their previous parameters such as routing, etc.

Is there a better way or some command to use for this. A brief look around didn't show what I wanted.
Thanks in advance.
John Rich

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Saving an Encore Project settings
on Jan 28, 2009 at 5:18:15 pm

There may be other ways to do some of it.

What specifically are you looking to have saved? You mentioned button routing and color sets (not sure what "menu routing" is). What else?

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jan 28, 2009 at 5:26:44 pm

I have multiple menus with autoactivate hooking up various buttons (that's what I meant by "menu routing") and I want to avoid having to reestablish those links.

Sorry not to be clear.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 28, 2009 at 6:20:31 pm

Linking buttons to other menus? Linking is not something that can be saved with a menu in a menu template, so menu templates wouldn't help here.

The only way to save this type of information as well as button routing is to do a SaveAs on the project, then delete everything you're not going to use in the next project. Apply liberally with cleaning or clearing the cache for best results.

Caveat: many Encore users have reported eventual problems "reusing" projects in this way. I'd say try this until it no longer works. When it starts giving problems, it's time to make a new project and wire everything up by hand.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jan 28, 2009 at 7:55:20 pm

JOe,
Thanks for the your help. I went ahead and SavedAS after I disconnected all the timelines, deleted them and then their .avi's and saved the project.

This may sound stupid (how else can it sound?), but how do I clear or clean the the cache?

Should I go inside the Sources file and delete the transcoded stuff that's already there or is there some command that I use.
Thanks again.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 28, 2009 at 8:04:27 pm

You can clear or clean the cache in the Preferences (Media Database).

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jan 28, 2009 at 10:58:11 pm

Thanks for your help.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]