FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS3 DVD Audio Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Johnston
Encore CS3 DVD Audio Problem
on Jan 27, 2009 at 1:35:06 am

I have an issue with Encore CS3. After I burn a dvd the audio comes out staticy. Its not out of sync but it starts out static and then kind of skips and continues on thru the whole video, the video is an 1 hour 54 minutes. I know the time has nothing to due with it. Does anyone have an idea as to how i can correct this issue?

Thanks
Randy

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore CS3 DVD Audio Problem
on Jan 27, 2009 at 2:23:45 am

What was the file type of the audio you imported into Encore? And if it was compressed, what was the compression type and settings?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 27, 2009 at 7:00:53 am

I've noticed static problems from ac3 files created by Procoder 3, so I always use encore to transcode the audio since it has never once had a problem.

Does the audio preview ok in encore before burning?
Are you having encore transcode the audio or are you transcoding it in another program? If you are transcoding with encore, what type of file is the original? If wav, what bit depth and kHz?

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Randy Johnston
on Jan 28, 2009 at 3:17:17 am

The audio works great in the preview. The audio is transcoded using premier pro cs3. I just shot a wedding and the audio burned just fine. but when i did the previous project the audio was static. its almost like it picks and chooses as to which video it wants to work with.

Return to posts index

Randy Johnston
on Jan 28, 2009 at 3:14:35 am

The audio/video bitrate was 7.0 Mbps
and the audio transcoding was MPEG-1 Layer II
I ran exported the normal way thru premier as i always do. adobe media encoder. the audio was 224 kbps at 48 khz 16 bit stereo.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 28, 2009 at 2:49:52 pm

Audio being encoded to MPEG-1 Layer II is the problem. Many DVD players don't really support it.

Instead, export separate video and audio streams from Premiere (do not mux them together), and set the audio encoding to 16 bit 48 kHz PCM WAV.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]