FORUMS: list search recent posts

SERIOUS Help Needed!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen reber
SERIOUS Help Needed!!!
on Jan 25, 2009 at 10:43:03 pm

Hey all,

I have a major problem that I need help with. I have a project I need to get out in the morning, but I'm having a problem that I can't troubleshoot.

I have an intro animation that is about 2 1/2 minutes long, where at the end (attached to the intro) is the main DVD menu. I have the animation loop point at about 1 1/2 minutes so the menu would loop and not go back to the beginning of the intro every time the animation ends.

The problem is is that when ever I set the loop point, the buttons no longer work in the "preview" or when burnt to a DVD. When I remove the loop point, the buttons work again.

I've rebuilt this project like 5 times and the same thing happens every time. I even tried cleaning the database. Nothing!

Any advise would be great!

thanks in advance...

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: SERIOUS Help Needed!!!
on Jan 25, 2009 at 10:47:29 pm

The buttons don't become active until the loop point is reached. Are you waiting long enough?

For clarity, please describe the exact behavior of the buttons when you say they "don't work". Are the highlights gone? Is the routing wrong? Can you select but not activate? Etc.?

Are you on a Mac or PC? Encore version number?

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

stephen reber
on Jan 25, 2009 at 10:55:38 pm

Hey Jeff, thanks for the quick response =]

I'm using CS3 with XP64. I think I get what you're saying...

If my Menu starts at time 1 min, plays to 2 min 30 sec, with loop point that starts at 1 min 30 sec, that means my buttons won't become active until 1 min 30 sec??

To answer your question, my buttons are totally unaccesable.

Stephen

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 25, 2009 at 11:14:54 pm

Can you post a screenshot that includes the Menu Viewer with Show Button Routing selected, the Motion tab of the Menu Properties panel, and the Layers panel with all of the button folders expanded?

Also, CS3 isn't certified for any 64-bit system, least of all XP64.

Your description of the button behavior when the loop point is set is accurate.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]