FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to make a SIMPLE DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Dysart
Trying to make a SIMPLE DVD
on Jan 21, 2009 at 4:38:10 pm

Hello,

My company just upgraded from CS3 to CS4 on our Mac Pro. We still use Adobe Premiere 2.0 on our PC's. I had grown very accustomed to using the DVD layout functions in Premiere 2.0

The buttons automatically linked to "play" and the scene menu was automatically there, also with everything routed.

It seems in Encore that when I pull up a menu template I still have to instruct the "play movies" button to actually play the movies. Is there a way to make a simple stupid DVD project? We do a lot of family film stuff. I just want to set my chapter stops, pick a menu, give it a name and burn it. As it stands, I'm having to do professional menu design for a basic family film job. Right now I'm considering giving a client a DVD with no chapter menu page because it's just so frustrating to get it to work. I insert a sub menu and the name reverts back to "My Movies" instead of just saying "scene selection". I don't want to edit each and every button and map the links and whatnot. I need a basic menu that already knows to play, links to a scene selection and is ready to go. Does this simply not exist?

Right now I prefer using Premiere 2.0 for DVD making, it's just the MOV projects that wind up on the Mac, then when somebody asks for a basic DVD it gets frustrating since so far I've found no easy way to create a DVD with a basic menu using CS4. It's taking me an hour to do what should only take 5 minutes...

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm still not an expert with any of this software. If I wasn't worried about switching from MOV to AVI I would absolutely use Premiere 2.0 over CS4 for basic DVD projects.

Thanks,

-Wesley D.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Trying to make a SIMPLE DVD
on Jan 21, 2009 at 9:12:22 pm

[Wesley Dysart] "I just want to set my chapter stops, pick a menu, give it a name and burn it."

You can almost do that using the Create Chapter Index command - select a menu, link the first button to the first chapter, and then choose Create Chapter Index - that will link each consecutive button to the next chapter in the sequence, even creating new menus from your original.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]