FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding causing "Unable to create image buffer" error and freeze in Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vlada Bromberg
Transcoding causing "Unable to create image buffer" error and freeze in Encore CS4
on Jan 20, 2009 at 10:10:31 pm

I've recently upgraded to a new PC and new Premier Pro / Encore (CS4). I used to have Encore 1.5 and much simpler computer, and it worked fine. Anyway, I created my project in Premier Pro CS4. Then moved it via Dynamic Link into Encore, where I put final touches with menus and navigation. Now I need to record it to DVD. For that, I am trying to Transcode using Automatic Settings. The transcoding goes almost to the end. It first finish transcoding the Video, then half thru Audio transcoding it gives me "Unable to create image buffer" error and freezes. My movie is 2hrs 07 min. I have 6GB of RAM and Intel Quad CPU with Vista 64. I don't understand what is causing that error.

Can anyone please suggest a solution to this problem?

Return to posts index

Christian Schnabel
Re: Transcoding causing "Unable to create image buffer" error and freeze in Encore CS4
on Jun 6, 2009 at 9:17:34 pm

Hi Vlada,

I have the same problem.

I have also a PC running Vista 64 bit with 8G RAM and 3.3 GHz Quad Core. As disk drive I am using a 1TB raid 0 drive for the projects and media cache. So speed and memory shouldn't be the root cause...

After some investigations it looks like error doesn't happen when I remove all video effects like auto color adjust etc. But when I add a single effect - whatever it is - transcoding fails.

Another interesting effect is that when I close PremierePro and Encore 3 prosesses are left: PPrHeadless.exe, processorcoordinatorserver.exe and PhotoshopServer.exe.
When I manualy stop all and start Encore again the processes are restarted and transcoding works for shorter sequences (below 30 min) without removing the effects...

After successful transcoding of video Encore creates 2 files in source/transcodes folder with extension '.m2v' and 'm2v.xmpses'. Too me it looks like at least one of these files cannot be created and this generates the error. I would like to know what the dependency is between transcoding and image buffer creation.

I have posted a case to Adobe technical support. Hope they have an idea too.

Btw. I am using a German version so it is not a language issue :-)

Regards Christian

Return to posts index

Alan Tonn
Re: Transcoding causing "Unable to create image buffer" error and freeze in Encore CS4
on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:39:48 am

Hello All

add one more person to the list having this trouble.

Here are my specs:

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3GHz
3GB RAM
ASUS M3N72-D with onboard hybrid video card
EVGA nVidia 8600GT with 256MB PCIE video card
OCZ 60GB SSD as my C Drive
1TB Seagate SATA2 drive as the project drive
1TB Seagate SATA2 drive as my documents drive
320GB Seagate SATA2 drive as another video project drive
Windows XP SR3
Samsung Syncmaster 226bw
LG L1970HR
Gateway 17"

i have the motherboard onboard video and the video card working in tandem and i am using them to run 3 monitors, i have sucessfully rendered the project many times before adding the third monitor, and at least once after, so i dont think that is it. additionally this project did crash under the latest nVidia drivers so i rolled back and the project works fine since, up until now. :(

if anyone has an idea as to where to start checking, please respond. thanks for any and all help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]