FORUMS: list search recent posts

unreliable DVDs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Ricke
unreliable DVDs
on Jan 18, 2009 at 8:21:18 pm

I've been using Encore 2.0 for a little over a year now. When I preview a project or play the disc on my xbox or my laptop it works perfectly fine, but when I play it on my regular dvd player it skips a little bit. This did not happen a couple of weeks ago. My DVD player plays all commercial DVDs just fine.

I'm using Taiyo Yuden DVDs and attempted to close any other processes on my computer while burning, and put a higher priority on encore in windows task manager. (PS: do you know if this helps in any way?) I realize that not every DVD will play on every DVD player 100% of the time, but I need to make sure my DVD is as reliable as possible before mailing it to my client. Is there anything I can do in Encore to make more reliable DVDs? Would lowering the bitrate help? (I read that some DVD players need headroom above the video and audio in the bitrate?) What about creating a folder, then using a separate program to burn?

One more question: I'm looking at purchasing a new computer, but definitely want to stick with Adobe. Would you recommend running these on an i-Mac?

Thanks so much for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]