FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-video with 30 Gb video, anybody has experienced it?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shahram Ashkani
DVD-video with 30 Gb video, anybody has experienced it?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 12:30:24 pm

Hi
Is there any capacity limitation when you want to create DVD-video folder in your hard disk?
I have more that 30 Gb video and I want to make DVD-video from them in one folder, of course I don’t want to write final project on DVD, it just will be used in computer.
The problem is that I never have done such a huge project in encore (with 30 Gb video) and I don’t have enough experience for it, theoretically it is possible but fact might be different, I don’t know maybe I face with a lot of crash, error….
So before I start I came here to ask if anybody has experienced it.
Can anybody help me?
I appreciate any help in advance.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: DVD-video with 30 Gb video, anybody has experienced it?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 6:21:39 pm

In DVD-Video, all video files are encoded to MPEG-2. What are your 30 GB of video encoded to?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 15, 2009 at 6:33:47 pm

I have not tried what you want to do myself, but I know you can set a custom disc size in the burn settings. This might be required to achieve what you want. If it were a blu-ray project, you would not be able to set a custom size, however, you have up to 50GB of disc space to work with, and can use DVD-mpeg2 files without having to re-encode them. If you are unable to get a 30GB DVD folder working, you might want to try a Blu-ray folder if your dvd software and monitor support blu-ray.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Shahram Ashkani
on Jan 15, 2009 at 8:58:26 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I can’t work on Blu-ray (right now it is impossible), I can’t compress it too because it was compressed, (30 Gb Mpeg2).
Yes Jon you are right, there is custom option in Burn settings but we are not sure if it works for me or not, if I start and after one month working I face with big problem, what I should do? I know making 30 Gb DVD-video is not normal but this is reason I am here, maybe someone has experienced it.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 17, 2009 at 6:06:50 pm

Why will it take you a month to find out if it works or not? If you have the 30GB mpeg2 file, and you have encore, then import it and test it out. Besides, you might find someone that has successfully put (10) 3GB mpeg2 videos in a single dvd folder, but a single 30GB file might have problems unique to its large file size. It shouldn't take too long for you to test it out, assuming you have the file and the encore software. Once you do test it out, it might be helpful to others if you report back your findings.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Wigley
on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:38:13 pm

hi Jon' how are you? I have a 11,31 GB movie that i would like to export to dvd, but since there are no dvds big enough to hold that much gigs, i would like to at-least export it in to a folder on my Hard Drive. I guess that by then if that happens i could convert the video to the size needed for dvd, its just that i made it in adobe encore and dont know any other way/software to fix it like it is, plus when i try to build it to a folder, image, or master, or even if i try to build it as a flash swv file, i keep getting this.. (Material in vts exceeds the nine Gig Limit)but there is more than 60 GBs left on my hd...

could you help me out? thanks in advance!
Joseph

Return to posts index

Joseph Wigley
on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:25:01 pm

hi Shahram' how are you? did it work, exporting your 30 gig film?
I am having some problems with mine. I have a 11,31 GB movie that i would like to export to dvd, but since there are no dvds big enough to hold that much gigs, i would like to at-least export it in to a folder on my Hard Drive. I guess that by then if that happens i could convert the video to the size needed for dvd, its just that i made it in adobe encore and dont know any other way/software to fix it like it is, plus when i try to build it to a folder, image, or master, or even if i try to build it as a flash swv file, i keep getting this.. (Material in vts exceeds the nine Gig Limit)

could you help me out? thanks in advance!
Joseph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]