Multiple Movie DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Lewis
Multiple Movie DVD
on Jan 13, 2009 at 7:19:59 pm

Hey All,

Part 1

I have a question about authoring multiple movies to a DVD. Here's the basic idea. I have 2 separate films that I want to be able to access from the main menu. This will lead to a separate menu for that particular movie. From there I want to be able to access chapters and so forth for that movie.

Part 2

I also have a book pdf that I would like to be able to access from the main menu, so that the viewer can access it and flip through the pages like a book through the DVD player (i.e. not as bonus media via the computer, etc.)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Heath Firestone
Re: Multiple Movie DVD
on Jan 13, 2009 at 10:13:47 pm

The multiple movie ideas is very easy, just create a firstplay menu which allows you to choose which movie menu you want them to be directed to. For each movie, create a menu with a Play button, and a chapters button. Have the Chapters button select a new menu, where you create buttons for every chapter, attached to each of the chapter points in that particular timeline. It's about as simple as it gets.

As far as the .pdf is concerned, you will need to convert each page of the .pdf to a .jpg, or .psd, taking into account for the aspect ratio change, and title safe zones. Create menus for each page, and create forward and back buttons to allow them to navigate through the pages. Remember, that you are dealing with 720X480 resolution, so small print may be a problem for reading. You might need to chop your pages in two, so that they will fit the page, and have enough resolution and be large enough to be read on a TV.

Hope this answers your questions,

Heath

Return to posts index

hendra sembiring
on Jan 15, 2009 at 8:00:04 am

Thanks buddy... I need this topic too

Return to posts index

Ty Lewis
on Feb 14, 2009 at 8:05:38 am

Thanks a lot, I'm starting to make some good headway with this. I do have questions about the safe area.

1. I see two boxes for the safe area. I've been going by the smaller one, but I was curious why there are two.

2. How many pixels are the safe areas offset from the border. I'd like to know so I can set up my files in photoshop accurately.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Feb 14, 2009 at 3:11:59 pm

The inner rectangle is the title safe area; the outer rectangle is the action safe area, and they are 80% and 90% of the entire frame rectangle, respectively.

Use title safe for everything that must appear on the screen.

But note that video safe area really only applies to 4:3 CRT television monitors. High definition monitors don't really need safe area and should display the entire frame.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]