FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encrypt DVD-video to unknown format

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shahram Ashkani
Encrypt DVD-video to unknown format
on Jan 12, 2009 at 12:09:39 pm

Hi
Are there any ways to encrypt DVD-video? I made DVD-video with a lot of buttons and links and now it is like a multimedia program, I want to encrypt it to unknown format, I don’t want my rival understand what method I used.
Is it possible? Can any software do it? I don’t want to play this DVD-video in DVD Player, it only will be used in computer.
By the way, copy protection isn’t important for me, I just want to hide the format and make it secret.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encrypt DVD-video to unknown format
on Jan 12, 2009 at 5:11:44 pm

Not possible. DVD-Video is not the format for any secure content.

Return to posts index

Shahram Ashkani
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:20:38 pm

Thanks Joe, so there is no chance.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:27:37 pm

None that I know of.

Certainly no built-in support for something like this in the DVD-Video specification.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 13, 2009 at 12:28:01 am

On further consideration...

One thing that you probably could do is create an image or zip of this DVD-Video disc, and then add security (essentially, password protection) to release the archive. Burn this encoded image/zip to DVD-ROM (you'd need a more general-purpose burning application such as ImgBurn, Nero, or something else to burn this).

Then, provided your intended audience has the password, they could expand the archive, and as long as they have a software DVD player, play it from the DVD folder.

This scenario is outside the realm of DVD-Video authoring (which of course also means Encore), though. It requires a file archiving software program, and its security is only as strong as to whom you choose to give the password.

Return to posts index

Shahram Ashkani
on Jan 15, 2009 at 12:24:30 pm

Thank you very much Joe, yes it is good idea, I myself did something like that but I haven’t put password on image and I don’t know how I should do it.
I made image from DVD-video and installed Daemon software on my system, this program will create virtual drive and will create shortcut on desktop, of course it is not going to hide the format and make it secret but it is better than nothing.
Your suggestion is better, how can I put password on image? Will ImgBurn do that? Would you please explain more?
Thanks again

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 15, 2009 at 6:20:32 pm

You would add the password in the application that you zip with. I know WinZip can add password protection to an archive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]