FORUMS: list search recent posts

Next button (for next chapter) not working in multiple menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hendra sembiring
Next button (for next chapter) not working in multiple menu
on Jan 10, 2009 at 10:01:01 am

HI there....

I find some problem when creating multiple menu with encore 1.5.
My project has 4 menu inside. 1 main menu ( consist play button and button for sub menu) and 3 sub menu for chapter movie ( 6 chapter movie ) in each sub menu.

This project has 4 timelines. For each time line I already set end action, and for submenu each chapter has overrided.

The problem I got on the last chapter button on the sub menu ( 6th button on each sub menu). When we click this button it suppose to be play next chapter(movie) on next sub menu movie. But in preview when I click this button , nothing happen and the movie keep playing.

In final project with dvd player, when I klick this button It will play movie from beginning. The movie running well from start to the end, but button for next chapter for next movie (from 6th chapter to next movie on new sub menu) doesn't work.

More info about my project.
-4 time lines, end action has set up for all time line.
-4 menu ( 1 mine menu and 3 sub menu )
-6 chapter in sub menu
- each chapter has override to next chapter. On the 6th chapter in first submenu override to 1st chapter on the second sub menu, and on 6th chapter in second menu override to 1st chapter in 3rd sub menu.

Please help me to fix this problem..

thanks..

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Next button (for next chapter) not working in multiple menu
on Jan 10, 2009 at 2:43:22 pm

I'm certain that your use of overrides is causing the problem.

Are you trying to set up the chapter sub-menus to play one chapter (timeline) and then return to a menu? If not, then you don't need any overrides at all. Remove all of the overrides and your project should work correctly.

If you do want to set up playback of a single chapter followed by a return to a menu, then your chapters all need to be in separate timelines. I'm confused by your reference to "6 chapters" and yet you only have 4 timelines.

Do you also want to have a "Play All" button so that the whole movie is played at once? One way to do this would be to set the end action of every chapter timeline to go back to a menu. Then add all of the timelines to a Playlist, in the order that you want them to play. Then link the Play All button to the Playlist.

That way you get the navigation that you want without having to use any overrides.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 12, 2009 at 4:33:37 am

I don't think Encore 1.5 had playlists... did it?

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:44:34 am

Chapter Playlists were introduced in Encore 2.0, but version 1.5 did include standard Playlists.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

hendra sembiring
on Jan 13, 2009 at 3:56:19 am

Thaks to all of your responds,,,,,really appreciated..

===If you do want to set up playback of a single chapter followed by a return to a menu, then your chapters all need to be in separate timelines. I'm confused by your reference to "6 chapters" and yet you only have 4 timelines.====

My project has 4 time lines
- intro time line
- 3 movie time lines
in these 3 time line has 6 chapter button..

Honestly that till now I'm little bit confused about " end action " and " override " function.

Could you please tell me the different between " end action " and override " ? When or where we can apply for this action?

In my submenu.... Do you have an option how to set the movie from 6th button chapter (last button chapter) to move to the movie on 1st button chapter in next submenu when we press next button on dvd player while watching our movie ?

thanks for your time...

regards...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 13, 2009 at 4:18:11 am

An override replaces the end action of the object that is targeted.

So if you have a timeline1 with an end action to timeline2, and a button linked to timeline1 with an override to Return to Last Menu, timeline1 will Return to Last Menu if it gets played by clicking the button linked to it.

Overrides can be confusing. You are really better off using playlists or chapter playlists, as their flow is much more straightforward.

Return to posts index

david beining
on Jan 13, 2009 at 10:05:50 pm

Related Q (please),

I've built a blu-ray folder project (to port poor-man style to PS3) with
one timeline that has 15 chapters marked. I made a playlist of the 1-15 chapters and preview moves to next chapter fine *if player is paused.* However, while playing, the playhead jumps forward to start of next chapter but immediately back to point in prior chapter. This same problem means I can't jump back to prior chapters.

Probably a simple problem, but I can't find solution via RTFM.

Help greatly appreciated.

thanks,
david

Return to posts index

hendra sembiring
on Jan 15, 2009 at 7:52:18 am

I thing i need to try to remove my override..
I'll try this for my next project and tell you the result..

thanks

Return to posts index

hendra sembiring
on Feb 6, 2009 at 4:19:33 am

Finally...You right... In my new project I find that I don't need any override action. Just set end action for each time line... and let movie play by it's order. We need override action if we want to change playing direction... Example if we need to return movie to some menu after finish some time line...

thanks and regards

hendra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]