FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some slideshow images displaying half res on output

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Hamilton
Some slideshow images displaying half res on output
on Jan 10, 2009 at 7:31:46 am

I have created a slide show which consists of 72 pictures that have motion and cross dissolve transitions. A weird thing is happening on output, however. Every now and then a picture will "snap" to half res at the end of the dissolve. A few images will continue at half res, then snap back to crystal clarity at the end of a dissolve.

This "half-res" I am talking about is like half fields. The edges are really raggy, and the whole image "crawls". If I change the order or something, the pattern of which image is half-res changes. This tells me that it isn't a field issue, bitrate, or image size issue...as some images that are nice and sharp before, become half res when i make minor changes.

On a side note, Encore doesn't seem to un-render slides when you do a "replace asset" command. It sticks with the original slide until you physically move the slide and move it back. As well as this, I lost the project a couple of times because encore just decided that is would make slides here and there go to black frames. Upon trying to replace the asset, it tells me the asset is already there.

Starting to get frustrating. Could it be problems from running 64-bit Windows Vista?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Some slideshow images displaying half res on output
on Jan 10, 2009 at 2:32:16 pm

Does the problem occur on the same images every time? Or does it happen randomly every time the slideshow is played?

If it involves the same images, what is different about them? About the way you've handled them throughout the project?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Robin Hamilton
on Jan 10, 2009 at 6:09:32 pm

The images are all jpegs. None of them bigger than 2500 x 2200. It doesn't happen randomly every time the slideshow is played, however, if you change the order of the slides, then different slides will be played at half res.

I started all over again, and just quickly imported all the images and applied a cross dissolve to them, as well as random motion. All of the images appear to be half res now (by half res I mean they appear to be single field). Not sure what is going on.

Also, how do you force a slideshow to unrender? When I make a change (ie. globally change the time of the transition) the clips all stay green. I can unrender them by applying a different transition to the wole show...but when I change it back to cross dissolve (the one I had rendered it with) they all go back green and don't re-render.

Return to posts index

Robin Hamilton
on Jan 10, 2009 at 7:10:14 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/858215#858231

I believe this is the problem I am experienceing, except all of my images are moving, so I-frames can't be the culprit of the "Shimmering" photos. It must be something Encore is doing, because every time I restart and import the same pictures, it happens in different places...sometimes on ALL of the photos, and sometimes even just during the cross dissolve.

I looked at the video files encore is making, and they are "Shimmering" as well...so it must happening during the rendering.

Return to posts index

Robin Hamilton
I think I fgured out a big encore bug...maybe?
on Jan 11, 2009 at 9:30:58 am

I finally got it working. The problem seemed to occur with manually rendering the slideshow. If I imported all the slides, put the transitions and moves in, then rendered manually from the "File - Render - Slideshows" the images would render at half res upon building. I even went in and checked the movie files it was rendering...all half res (like single fields doubled..yuck). However, if I took the same slideshow - instead of hitting render after applying the transitions and moves - and just selected "build DVD Disc" (er build anything really), the pictures came out fantastic, after auto rendering before the build. This kinda sucks, cause you have to go through the 45 mins (err whatever depending on the size of the slideshow) every time you want to build. But this far outweighs the crappy quality of images you get from rendering slideshows manually ahead of time.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something when I want to manually render a slideshow?

Try it out...I have several times, I want to see if others get the same results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]