FORUMS: list search recent posts

glitchy Encore problem with credit sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Johnson
glitchy Encore problem with credit sequence
on Jan 9, 2009 at 4:24:14 am

Hopefully someone here can help me out with a strange Encore glitch. I'm using version 1.5 on Windows XP. I've created a DVD project of a dance recital and have imported each dance (there are 16 or so) as a separate video clip. From what I understand, this is the only way I can set up a scene selection menu and have each dance play from beginning to end and go back to the scene selection menu.

So each dance is in a separate timeline, and the last timeline is a credit sequence that I created in Premiere Pro 1.5 and imported into Encore. It's just a bunch of full page titles in a row set to music.

When testing the project in Encore (and also when watching the resulting DVD on a DVD player), each of the first 16 dances play just fine. I can "play all" from the main menu or I can just play a specific dance from the scene selection menu.

Whenever the credits timeline plays, it skips. Meaning, the music starts on cue and ends right where it should, but the first title flashes very quickly (blink and you'll miss it) and the rest play as they should. One title near the end drags on a bit longer than I told it to, and the whole thing ends right on cue. Weird! I've been struggling with this all day.

I've tried exporting the credits video clip again and again, with the work area before the music starts and right when it starts, with nothing at the front and with black at the front. I've deleted and recreated the affected timeline repeatedly. I've even tried deleting and recreating the specific offending title in Premiere.

When I play the credits video clip in Premiere or Windows Media Player it plays just fine.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: glitchy Encore problem with credit sequence
on Jan 9, 2009 at 6:29:21 am

Uncheck "Optimize Stills" in both your Premiere Project settings and your Premiere export settings.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Brian Johnson
Re: glitchy Encore problem with credit sequence
on Jan 10, 2009 at 4:49:28 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]