FORUMS: list search recent posts

Link last file in menu to first file in the sequential menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Geva
Link last file in menu to first file in the sequential menu
on Dec 29, 2008 at 6:22:04 pm

Dear Sir,

I have 2 menus (and of course 2 timelines), in each menu I have 8 thumbnails (linked to 8 MPEG2 files). The menus are linked with a forward and backward button.

When selecting a thumbnail in menu #1 (let's say thumbnail #6) it start playing and automatically move forward to file #7 and to the last one file #8.
I would like that after last file (file #8) finish playing, it will automatically continue playing file #9 (which is the first file in menu #2).

I tried several options including selecting, in menu #1, several "end action" options.

No luck till now, the screen gets black after file #8 in menu #1.

Please advice,
Danny

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Link last file in menu to first file in the sequential menu
on Dec 30, 2008 at 1:48:56 am

If I understand the question correctly, I'd advise you put the end action on timeline 1 (or the last chapter of timeline 1) linking you to the first chapter in timeline 2.

Return to posts index

Danny Geva
on Dec 30, 2008 at 5:20:28 pm

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your quick respond.

I did as you instructed me and it sure move on to first clip on menu #2 (and play it).

The only disadvantage is that the pass between those clips is not smooth and there is a 0.5 second jerk delay.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Happy New 2009

Danny

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 30, 2008 at 5:25:56 pm

Going from one timeline to a different timeline will always result in a short delay in the player - this is the nature of the DVD-Video format.

If you have Encore 2.0 or later, you can add multiple video assets (and chapters) to the same timeline. If you do it this way, it should eliminate the delay in playback since the player doesn't have to switch from one VTS to another.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]