FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subpicture Nuance

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Benson
Subpicture Nuance
on Dec 21, 2008 at 9:58:30 pm

Working with some three layer subpictures and not getting what I expect. I create the three subpictures, and I can see how they are layering, but the opacity setting is not a true opacity from what I can see. Basically, if I set the opacity of each layer to 33% (or something you can see through), you can see through the layers to the menu background, but that opacity setting does not intermingle with the other subpicture layers.

In other words, assume layer 2 is a deep red layer with 33% opacity. It appears pink and I can see through it to the menu background. If layer 1 is blue, also with 33% opacity, I can also see through it to the background. Where they overlap, however, it is just the pink - layer 2 completely obscures layer 1 beneath it even though it is set to an opacity of 33%.

Is that the way it will appear on the DVD? Reading the documentation, it seems like I should see a pink through a blue to the background, but it is not explicit. Not sure if Encore is doing a shortcut in the preview.

My goal was to use layer 3 as a 'highlight' of the subpicture in the lower two layers when the button is activated. What happens is that the 'transparent' layer 3 completely obscures the layers beneath it.

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Subpicture Nuance
on Dec 21, 2008 at 10:03:11 pm

The subpicture highlight layers act like cookie cutters on the other subpicture layers below them. No chance for any blending with the other layers. DVD format limitation, not an Encore limitation.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Subpicture Nuance
on Dec 22, 2008 at 5:18:33 am

Thanks again Jeff. You confirmed my suspicions.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]