FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing Assets

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Benson
Replacing Assets
on Dec 20, 2008 at 5:19:36 am

Got CS4 this week and learning Encore for the first time...
I used Premiere for editing and created the m2v and avi files, but
just for grins decided to try out the Dynamic Link option. So I
linked in my Premiere timeline and played with it in Encore.
When it came time to make the DVD I thought that was fun and wanted
to replace my link asset with the previously created m2v file (no
changes were made to the Premiere timeline, so it should work).

I wanted to replace the footage with the m2v, but I could not figure out how to do it. It always put it on the end of the timeline. I could apparently add other audio layers, but not video layers. I also could not get the 'Replace asset...' menu selection to be active when I right clicked on the linked asset.

I realize I should have just used the m2v, but I was playing around and am wondering if it is possible to replace footage if I need to do it again.

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Replacing Assets
on Dec 20, 2008 at 1:18:08 pm

You may not be able to perform a Replace Asset on a dynamically -linked Pr sequence.

(One possible reason is that since you can change the sequence in Pr and have those changes immediately appear in En, the need to Replace Asset just isn't there. However, that logic discounts the need to troubleshoot and work around any issues that may arise with the new feature.)

I haven't tried to do this before now, and since linking a Pr sequence is new to CS4, the community's collective knowledge about the feature is still mostly limited to Adobe's promo materials and the help files.

What happens if you delete the Pr sequence from the timeline and then drop the old .m2v file into it?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Replacing Assets
on Dec 21, 2008 at 5:29:42 pm

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the response. When I removed the linked sequence my chapter points also disappeared (and thus the button links that I had completed).

It appears I cannot replace a linked asset. Not a big deal, but I could see where it would be nice to be able to do so. Now I know to avoid it.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]