FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Encore causing the image to blow up to full screen?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon Brown
Is Encore causing the image to blow up to full screen?
on Dec 18, 2008 at 1:39:08 pm

Hi Encorians!

I have been exploring the possibility that my issue is with AFter Effects but wanted to cover all bases and post here to see if maybe something in the burn process is being done incorrectly. I am using Encore 1.01 (yup - old i know. am broke :o))

When I take my 16:9 footage and put it in AE at widescreen DV resolution and keep it at 720X480, the result looks fine on the computer.

I manipulate the footage and import it back into Premiere Pro and it looks fine. When I then export THAT project that included the AE files I created and drop the movie into Encore, it again looks fine on the computer. In fact, when I check the timeline it says 16:9.

However, when I burn the disc, The image seems to be blown up to full screen. I never had this problem until I decided to start using AE. If I edit in premiere, export the movie and drop it into Encore, I get a 16:9 burn!

What are the correct steps and settings? I must be missing something!

(I also did set the footage to square pixels in AE. D1 I believe. No difference)

Thank you gurus!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Is Encore causing the image to blow up to full screen?
on Dec 18, 2008 at 2:17:17 pm

What are your export settings in AE? That is the likely culprit.

Are you using the Render Queue in AE? You should be.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
on Dec 19, 2008 at 11:41:28 pm

Hi Jeff,

I am most definitely using the render queue. The output settings are the default settings set to 'best'.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 20, 2008 at 1:50:00 am

What's your pixel aspect ratio when exporting from After Effects? Are you exporting an AVI? If so, which codec?

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
on Dec 20, 2008 at 3:17:36 am

My pixel aspect ration has always been 1.2 (working with NTSC).

In the comp settings I have rendered out in NTSC D1 Widescreen and that does the same thing. Of course when I render out using the NTSC D1 Widescreen Square Pixels, drop into adobe to edit, export in 16:9 from the media encoder and burn with Encore.

I didn't list all versions of what I have:

Encore 1.01
Premiere Pro 1.0
AE 7

Return to posts index

Matthew Sienzant
on Dec 20, 2008 at 5:17:33 am

Sadly, I wish I had an answer for you but I had the same problem tonight. The only difference was my starting media was 1280x720 24P footage from the HVX200. I did the same thing. Pulled the Premiere project into AE, and rendered out of the Render Queue a Tiff Sequence, maintaining the aspect ratio.

Then I dumped out of Media Encoder as the MPEG2 Widescreen default. Playback on a widescreen source looks perfect. Its playing back on a fullscreen source that effs it all up. Even within Encore's playback feature, it letter boxes the footage as it should.

I tried a few DVD players and I'm wondering what else there is that I could do. I though about manipulating the Transcode Settings from within Encore, but considering my MPEG2 footage didn't need to be transcoded, this would only elongate the process.

Two different sources, one very similar problem. Hopefully someone can help us figure it out.

----

Alternatively, I was just going to attempt to make a second set of timelines that would feature a letterboxed MPEG2 and leave a choice on the DVD menu, which one to access. Not sure if that's possible, but I figured it has to be worth a shot. Right?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 20, 2008 at 12:46:09 pm

[Matthew Sienzant] "Playback on a widescreen source looks perfect. Its playing back on a fullscreen source that effs it all up. Even within Encore's playback feature, it letter boxes the footage as it should."

Check the DVD Players. They may be set up incorrectly. Each hardware DVD player needs to be told what kind of TV it is hooked up to - 4:3 or 16:9.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 20, 2008 at 7:05:23 pm

Try exporting it as a self-contained AVI from Premiere, and let Encore transcode it.

Does that work?

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
on Dec 21, 2008 at 3:48:25 pm

Good idea. i will try that. Any particulr settings you think Is hould use? DV AVI?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Dec 21, 2008 at 6:16:39 pm

No other suggestions from me at the moment.

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
on Dec 22, 2008 at 3:58:49 pm

Same thing!

I exported DV AVI, also exported AVI using cinpeak codec. I Opted to transcode at 16:9, 7mb two pass. all with the same results. *sigh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]