FORUMS: list search recent posts

First play to menu question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomas Karlsson
First play to menu question
on Dec 17, 2008 at 7:06:55 am

Hi
Is it possible to have a transition between firstplay and menu (like a transition between clips in premiere pro)??
If it is, please tell we how!

Regards
Tomas

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: First play to menu question
on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:40:46 am

Not exactly. But you can simulate the transition by making a video clip that contains the first play video, the transition and the menu.

Use the new video clip as the motion background for the menu. Create highlight-only buttons by switching off the visibility of all the button layers on the existing menu.

Set the loop point for the menu to a time after the transition so that the button highlights won't be visible or active until then.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Tomas Karlsson
on Dec 17, 2008 at 11:13:56 am

Thanks, I´ll try that
/Tomas

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Dec 17, 2008 at 3:48:20 pm

That method works great. The only problem I've had is getting the loop point correct.

John Goerner
Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

Tomas Karlsson
on Dec 17, 2008 at 7:59:13 pm

Hi again!
I tried (but I´m a new to encore) but I cant get it right. I made the video with transition in premiere pro and export it as a video Pal widescreen 16:9 (1,422) and make it first play. But how do you make the video the "motion background for the menu"? I created a menu with the .psd-file but the size of the firstplay and the menu never match (I have tried change everything I know). I must do something wrong but what? I don´t understand the line "Create highlight-only buttons by switching off the visibility of all the button layers on the existing menu." How do u do that? Sorry for all the trouble but I am new to this.

Regards
Tomas

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:05:04 pm

First, the technique you are trying to use is an advanced technique.

The simplest solution is to skip the transition and just link the first-play video to the static menu.

For a more advanced solution, here are some things to consider:

1. The PAR of the Photoshop document matches the PAR of the video.
2. One option is to eliminate the static menu background. Make the image of the static menu part of the video.
3. You turn the visibility of the layers in a button layer set on and off the same way you turn Photoshop layer visibility on and off - by clicking the eyeball icon in the Layers panel.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]