FORUMS: list search recent posts

Play all action stops and returns to the menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jameson Schultz
Play all action stops and returns to the menu
on Dec 16, 2008 at 12:39:10 am

Hey everyone,

I am using Encore CS3 for Mac and have run into a problem while trying to create a "Play All" button for all my clips. I have 8 different clips each have their own timeline and corresponding buttons. I then followed Tim Kurkowski's (hope I got his name right) "Play all" tutorial here and everything is setup correct ( I have checked, rechecked, and re-rechecked). All links going to the next timeline and Overrides are set back to the menu.

When I preview the disc and click the "Play All" button it will play the first two timelines and then kick back to the main menu. I can't tell if this is happening during the end of the second timeline or the start of the third. I have also tried setting "Play All" link to the 5th timeline. It again plays 2 timelines and then kicks back to the main menu. Finally I tried setting Chapter links and still after two timelines it kicks back to the menu.

I just decided in the end to create a seperate timeline that has all the clips and is a dedicated Play All timeline, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same problems with a "Play All" button. Is this an Encore for Mac problem or is it just that buggy? I know Encore for Mac has incredible trouble exporting to Flash format because of Quicktime transcodings and if silly workarounds like this are to be expected?

Anyway thanks in advanced for everyones thoughts and help.

--Cheers!, Jameson

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Play all action stops and returns to the menu
on Dec 16, 2008 at 1:20:52 am

I haven't seen Tim's tutorial, but if it was written before Encore 2.0 came out, then it's obsolete.

First advice is to remove all your overrides- clear every single override in your project.

Second, remove all chapter end actions.

Instead, use playlists to play timelines consecutively, and use chapter playlists if you want to play only a set of chapters within a single timeline. If you want to play timelines all the way through, you don't want (or need) chapter playlists or chapter end actions.

Return to posts index

Jameson Schultz
Re: Play all action stops and returns to the menu
on Dec 16, 2008 at 1:51:50 pm

That did it thanks a million!

Tim's tutorial was written for the very first Encore, someone should make a note on that :) . Again thanks for enlightening me to Playlists.

--Cheers!, Jameson

~Hope this helps~
Jameson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]