FORUMS: list search recent posts

DL break jumps to menu instead of continuing video.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Reardon
DL break jumps to menu instead of continuing video.
on Dec 12, 2008 at 8:39:00 pm

CS3 Encore on MacBook Pro. DL Disc burns fine. 7.88GB. 5 Chapters. I Let Encore set the layer break automatically. Encore clearly set break midway through chapter 4. At break point, DVD has slight freeze in video, then jumps to originating menu instead of continuing to play video left in that chapter. (Chapter 4 has an end action to go to that menu, but the break point is not the end of the chapter.)
DVD Behavior happens both in computer and on set top box.
New to encore (A DVDSP vet) so maybe I'm missing something? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Shera
Re: DL break jumps to menu instead of continuing video.
on Feb 1, 2009 at 12:27:27 pm

I'm having almost the exact same problem. It would be nice if someone could give a solution to this.

I have a 3 hour, 20 minute video split into 2 almost identically-sized timelines. When the DVD player gets to the layer break, rather than continue playing the video as it should, it jumps to the second timeline (which is set as the end action of the first timeline). I was thinking of simply outputting a single timeline from Premiere Pro, but I have heard this makes no difference. I do believe that some DVD players have problems with layer breaks set in Encore.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only solution is to make a DVD that has enough space left over so that you still get to manually select the break point. When there is little room left on the disc, Encore cannot allow you to manually select the break point because this would mean that too much information could be present on one half of the DVD.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: DL break jumps to menu instead of continuing video.
on Feb 1, 2009 at 1:38:14 pm

Do you have any overrides set? Anywhere in the project? That's the first thing you should check anytime your disc navigation doesn't do what you want it to.

It may not be applicable in this case, but it's worth checking.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]