FORUMS: list search recent posts

video thumbs with multple menu's?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walid Hamoudan
video thumbs with multple menu's?
on Nov 30, 2008 at 4:13:27 am

hey there.. i'm using encore dvd 2.0.. i am trying to have video thunbnails in my scenes menu. thats not the issue tho, what i have, is 5 menu's ( one for each button, because i have text for each button on the side ) and i want to have video thumbs for each menu, of all 5 scenes.

what happens is one menu will have the video thumbnail, and the next button will be blank, until i move onto it (using auto activate), the menu's change, and the video thumbnail is played, but the the first video is blank.. any ideas? is what i'm tryin to do even possible in encore?

thanks in advance..

Walid :)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: video thumbs with multple menu's?
on Nov 30, 2008 at 1:53:18 pm

It seems you are making this harder than it has to be, unless I don't understand what you are trying to do. Why can't you just put the 5 video thumbnail buttons on one menu?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Walid Hamoudan
on Dec 1, 2008 at 7:44:18 am

Hi. the reason i cannot put the buttons all on one page, is because i have text which shows on the left side of the screen which is different to each button. eg button 1, will have button 1 text. button 2, will auto_activiate to scenes 2 menu, showing button 2 text.

i know i've made it harder for myself.. but i am not sure of any other way to produce somethin like that.

thanks in advanced

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 1, 2008 at 1:07:09 pm

In Encore, video thumbnail buttons will only display video content from the target of their link. Until you link them, they will be blank.

I'm still not sure that I fully understand what you are trying to do, but I if my guess is correct then here is how to fix the problem:

Composite the small video clips and button graphics that are supposed to be part of the video thumbnail buttons into a single background video. The new background video will not have any real menu buttons on it, but to the audience it will *look* like the menu buttons are there. Use After Effects or your favorite editing/compositing program to do that.

Back in Encore, import the new background video as an asset and then Alt+Drag it to the existing menu in the Menu Viewer.

Keep the video thumbnail buttons that you created earlier, but turn off the visibility of all of the layers in the button layer set by clicking on the eyeball next to each layer. The button will work like it's supposed to, but the audience will never see anything but the "fake" button that you composited into the background video.

This technique is known as creating a highlight-only button.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]