FORUMS: list search recent posts

2hr + on a single DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bowman
2hr + on a single DVD
on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:30:10 pm

Sorry if this has been asked time and time again but I could really do with some guidance....

Basically I've got 12 short 5min films (avi's) that I'm putting into Encore. So thats about an hour of film on the dvd, which is no problem...

However, there needs to be an option at the start of the dvd to be able to watch all of the films with or without subtitles & signing.
(The signing I'll add to the footage in premiere and then I'll import footage into a subtitles program I use called DivXLand)
So I'm gonna have approx 2hrs of footage (12 avi's with & 12 without.

How do I go about doing this? Do I have compress the footage (somehow) so it'll all fit on to a standard 4.7gb disc or is dual layer discs the way to go?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: 2hr + on a single DVD
on Dec 15, 2008 at 5:49:02 pm

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean by "signing" the footage. Because normally just one version of the video is needed. Subtitles are added as text, and not rendered into the actual video. If you need to add an end logo, that can be rendered separately and each video can go to it as an end action (or not with a different playlist). However if you are talking about a watermark of some sort, then yes, you would have to render that into the video.

If you can't do it with one version of the video, then you might want to consider a dual layer. Once you start going past 1.5 hours, you really start to compromise quality on a single layer.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Chris Bowman
Re: 2hr + on a single DVD
on Dec 16, 2008 at 5:46:38 pm

Sorry my fault - by signing I just mean an "interpreter". The film will have a guy in the bottom right hand corner doing BSL. Thats not my problem.

So to clarify - if the footage is over 1.5 it wont fit on a standard dvd? correct? I certainly dont want to lose quality!! So is it as simple as popping a DL disc in and selecting DL mode in Encore?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]