I'm working on a menu where I want to use a white text subpicture highlight (button text is a different color, want to make it turn white). This looks awful and jagged of course when I just assign my highlight text layer to a single subpicture (=1).
My solution so far has been to:
1. Make my white highlight text layer (duplicate of the menu item text)
2. Rasterize it against black
3. Posterize it into 4 steps (white, 67% white, 33% white, black)
4. Magic wand each of those colors onto their own subpicture layers
5. In Encore, adjust color set to make sure all colors are white and selected state opacities are 100%, 67%, 33%.
This is a little cumbersome to do for each of my buttons, particularly if client requests layout changes down the line. Is there any way to streamline this process? I tried Chris Linke's Photoshop plugin (http://home.comcast.net/~c.linke/dvdsub/) but it's not working for me in CS4 - just rasterizes.