FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timo Lendzion
Transcoding Problem
on Nov 18, 2008 at 9:51:46 pm

Hello everyone,

im working at the moment on a DVD Menu. The menus are done with Photoshop, Programm is Encore DVD 1.5, videos are .avi and 720x576 PAL and they are all done and exported with Premiere Pro 2.
the menu is basically finished, problem is that i cant transcode the videofiles, except one. others dont work. if i try then this transcode window pops up, but nothing happens. if i try to write to dvd, then it starts transcoding, but at beginning already pops up the error message: unexpected error...... . i have tried to change so many things already, but nothing worked.
is there anyone with the same problem or someone who knows what the problem could be?
appreciate your help,
thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Timo

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Transcoding Problem
on Nov 18, 2008 at 11:08:53 pm

Have you tried encoding your video to MPEG-2 for DVD in another application (e.g., Premiere or After Effects), and then importing that into Encore?

Return to posts index

Timo Lendzion
on Nov 19, 2008 at 9:59:12 am

i have searched where to encode it in premiere and after fx, but havent found it.i have tried to do in sorenson, but the videofilesize got from 4gb to 60mb and a quality loss. and thats actually not that what i wanna get. all videofiles together are some 40 gb big, but in encore they are some 4.2gb or smth, and actually that cant be the problem because on one other project i had the same problem, and then i did the whole menu many times from beginning new again and then somehow it worked.but that cant be the way of fixing problems.so any other idea what could be mistake?

Return to posts index

Timo Lendzion
on Nov 19, 2008 at 12:21:18 pm

I have found the encoder, but still when i export it, then are coming 2 files,1 video and 1 audio.the filesize is still smaller. but there has to be some other way to get the dvd done, without encoding them in premiere.cause with the other dvd it worked too after making the whole dvd menu many times again.
any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 19, 2008 at 4:10:36 pm

Sorry, Timo - nothing else springs to mind except you mentioned that one or more files transcoded without errors, and others don't - are there differences in video format amongst the ones that succeed vs. those that fail?

Return to posts index

Timo Lendzion
on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:02:32 pm

hey, no there no differences.could it be that 40 gb is too much? cause now i started the menu again from beginning, imported one video, transcoded it, imported the next one, and so on..then it worked, after the 3rd video it said that after i tried to transcode the next one,that it medium is full and i need to insert a bigger one to transcode the other files. so do i need to split it in 2 dvds or is there a way of getting it all on one dvd?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:39:04 pm

What's the duration of all your video?

Return to posts index

Timo Lendzion
on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:24:49 am

the duration alltogether is around 140 minutes.means 2h20.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 20, 2008 at 3:31:59 pm

140 minutes is not too much video for a single-layer DVD. However, keep in mind that you need plenty of free hard drive space when transcoding large files. A good rule of thumb is to have twice as much free disc space as what you are transcoding.

Having even more free disc space is better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]