FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wasting My Time and DVDs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Panniell
Wasting My Time and DVDs
on Nov 18, 2008 at 5:10:45 pm

For some reason every DVD I burn has flicker, and pause. I have burned directly to DVD and image file. This is a video edit in PP normal dv format approx 1hr 30mins duration, the menu has 5 chapters. I also burn at the slowest speed available 4x - 6x depending on the media. This has been wasting my time and dvds. I have it set on auto, as I am not very knowlegable about custom setting. Any suggestions. Today i tried cleaning the heads with a dvd,cd lens cleaner disk.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Wasting My Time and DVDs
on Nov 18, 2008 at 8:53:13 pm

To stop wasting DVDs, buy a DVD RW disc - you can burn it up to 1000 times.

Addressing the time wasted is more difficult, but it may have nothing to do with the disc or laser on the player. Can you describe what you mean by "flicker and pause" in a little more detail? Does the video consistently flicker? Does it pause once, or more than once? If more than once, does it pause regularly?

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on Nov 18, 2008 at 10:57:33 pm

Good ideal to us RW dvds, as I test this project. The playback, will pause for a few moments randomly, when the pause is concluded, playback skips forward. This is a 1hr 20min dvd, and that will do it within the first 5mins and continue until the end. Approx every 2-5 min.

Thanks - Hap

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 18, 2008 at 11:07:34 pm

That does sound like it may be an issue with the burning, or perhaps the bit rate.

Are you burning at the slowest possible speed? Higher speeds are more prone to error, so use the lowest speed possible. What brand of media are you using?

Regarding bit rates, most DVD players have problems with higher bit rates on burned DVDs (this is not a problem with replicated, aka "stamped" DVDs). If you are using Automatic Transcoding (i.e., you are not applying any transcoding settings in Encore), then make sure your project setting is 7 MBps. If it was higher, then you'll have to revert your media to untranscoded and re-transcode it. If you are using a custom setting, make sure the maximum doesn't go over 7 MBps (or not very much over that, anyway).

One or both of these may be contributing to the problems you are seeing.

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on Nov 18, 2008 at 11:53:11 pm

Thanks, I am burning at the lowes speed according to the printable disc I using, which is 4x. I will investigate the bit rate in Encore, I once read that Encore cam set to 9mb in auto mode with some projects. I'll check and see whats going on.
Thanks - hap

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 19, 2008 at 12:06:09 am

If it turns out to be a problem with the burn, you may want to try another brand of media - just to eliminate the brand you're currently using as the possible culprit.

Return to posts index

Henry Panniell
on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:44:48 pm

I readjust the transcode to 1.5/4/7.5 DD Audio, The best burn come from the 2xDVD-RW but my duplicator will not read it.My Taiyuo Yuden DVD-R 8x, burns better at 6x than 4x, but now the duplicator is giving telleing me " Blank Disc Length Not enough". I read that in part it could be assocated with overburn on the disc, which I am trying to fix now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]