FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project in 16:9 but building in 4:3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon Brown
Project in 16:9 but building in 4:3
on Nov 8, 2008 at 8:26:23 pm

Hello! I am having a weird issue that i have never encountered before. I do DVD projects as an amateur and am still running Adobe Premiere Pro (the first release) and Encore 1.0.

Now, I have exported all my video assets in 16:9 progressive and that is how each item in the project is adjusted (menus, timelines, etc) in Encore.

However, when I build the project onto a test disc, it has either rendered it all out to 4:3 or it is just so big(???) that images are spilling off my tv set.

There are no 'bars' on top or bottom to indicate widescreen and the images that ARE viewable are not distorted to suggest the 16:9 was crimped to 4:3.

Any ideas what is happening and what I have done to cause this error?

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Project in 16:9 but building in 4:3
on Nov 8, 2008 at 9:59:55 pm

Encore 1.0 is antique. Do you have the 1.0 update? (I think it's 1.0.2?)

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
on Nov 8, 2008 at 11:18:20 pm

i do not and was not able to find any update besides 1.5 - which costs cash. i am just trying to do this with what i have. any thoughts on the error? i never had this before...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 9, 2008 at 12:48:37 am

What is the build number for Encore 1.0? (choose Help > About Adobe Encore DVD)

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 9, 2008 at 1:01:18 am

Here's the update (it's 1.0.1)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2385

Return to posts index

Devon Brown
on Nov 9, 2008 at 3:50:28 pm

thank you for the new build, joe! incidentally i did install it and the DVDs are reacting the same way. The menus are in 16:9 but all the playback is in 4:3!! arrgh! lol

One thing I did realize is that I have four timelines - 3 in 16:9 and one in 4:3. Could the settings for the 4:3 timeline be overriding th playback on the others for one reason or another?

in a case like that, even though the assets are already MPEG 2, should i set Encore to transcode them in 16:9 again during the build? or should i take the 4:3 out of the project altogether?

thank you!!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 9, 2008 at 4:44:37 pm

[Devon Brown] "...or should i take the 4:3 out of the project altogether?"

Try that first...it may work, although I doubt it.

Then try creating a new project in Encore 1.0.1 - import your 16:9 footage and see if a new project works correctly. There may be something in the old project that is keeping the undesired behavior.

If that doesn't work, then you could try tweaking your 16:9 export settings in Premiere, although I also doubt this is the cause.

But if all of these fail, you really should consider upgrading. Four major versions of Encore have been released since Encore 1.0 came out over five years ago.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]