FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any news on Encore CS4 and LaCie?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Burch
Any news on Encore CS4 and LaCie?
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:34:19 am

I am just getting started with Blu Ray authoring and have been doing a bit of research on the options available for Mac. From what I have seen, the best combination seems to be with Adobe Encore for authoring and the LaCie 2D firewire drive for burning. However, I have read reports about compatibility issues with this drive and Encore CS3, leading a lot of people to create ISO files in Encore and burn the disc using Toast. I just purchased CS4 Production Premium (and am actually downloading it as I am writing this) and am about to order the drive, but I was wondering if anybody knew if this issue had been resolved yet. I know CS4 adds several features, such as dual-layer support and pop-up menus, but I was curious if the burning issue with LaCie drives has been addressed. Also, if there is a better drive I should be looking at any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex simon
Re: Any news on Encore CS4 and LaCie?
on Oct 31, 2008 at 2:23:36 pm

The LG BE06 drive is cheaper and works fine with Encore CS4...

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Nov 1, 2008 at 1:03:42 am

I hadn't heard of that drive. Unfortunately I already bought the LaCie one, as it seemed to be the only real option for the Mac as far as external drives go. I was just wondering if anybody had tested that drive with Encore CS4 yet and knew definitively if it works better now. If not, making an ISO and burning in Toast is still an option.

Return to posts index

Alex simon
on Nov 1, 2008 at 9:57:33 am

I have used it as an external drive and it works fine with Encore CS4...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]