FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 Blu-Ray Troubleshooting - Please Help!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Milner
CS3 Blu-Ray Troubleshooting - Please Help!
on Oct 28, 2008 at 11:49:00 am

I'm running CS3 Master Suite on XP Pro SP2 2GB-RAM

I've just installed a Blu-Ray burner and I am attempting to create my first disc.

I created a Blu-ray project, and just for simplicity's sake I've imported a few minutes of hi-def PAL footage and just set the end action to keep looping the footage.

When I choose to Build the project, in the Build Tab I go to the Format drop down that let's you pick DVD, Blu-Ray or Flash. I've used CS3 to make Flash and DVDs, but as soon as I select Blu-Ray from the drop-down, Encore exits/crashes. I don't get an error number or anything, Encore just doesn't want to do it.

Does anyone have some hints they can give me? The managment won't upgrade to CS4 for me until I can produce a BD.

Many thanks,
Clint

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: CS3 Blu-Ray Troubleshooting - Please Help!
on Oct 29, 2008 at 2:07:54 pm

It sounds like something installed on your system is interfering with Encore when it tries to access the Blu-ray drive. Have you installed other DVD or Blu-ray software?

For a quick solution - try building a Blu-ray image file, and then burning it using ImgBurn.

Then try to find out what may be causing the freeze on your system.

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
Re: CS3 Blu-Ray Troubleshooting - Please Help!
on Oct 29, 2008 at 5:55:19 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I have had a CD/DVD burner installed on my computer and I've used that for Encore. I have limited power and IDE connectors inside my computer's tower, so I took out the CD drive and installed the Blu-Ray in that spot. I don't have any other programs that will burn Blu-Ray discs other than Encore.

Encore isn't letting me create a Blu-Ray image file. As default, in the Build tab, Format is set to DVD. When I set Format to Blu-Ray, Encore crashes. It doesn't give me a chance to burn an image.

In a DVD project, I can burn a disk or save an image and I've also created Flash projects with no problem.

Has anyone experienced this before? Encore seems to be the only program of the whole Master Suite that is full of bugs.

Thanks,
Clint

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]