FORUMS: list search recent posts

PSD menu won't import

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen reber
PSD menu won't import
on Oct 24, 2008 at 10:26:59 pm

Hey guys,I have a small problem. I've created a menu in PS using PSD files rendered from AE. Whenever I try to import the menu into Encore, Encore crashes half way through the import. I have saved an Encore menu as a PDS file, brought it into PS, and swapped it's folders for MY menu folders. When I import this file, it loads all the way THEN crashes.

Any Ideas? Yes, the menus are saved as PSD files.

Thanks in advance...

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: PSD menu won't import
on Oct 25, 2008 at 2:58:25 pm

Are you importing as menu? Or importing as asset?

Import as menu is the only correct workflow for using PSD as menus, but it shouldn't crash in any case. That said, I've never heard of a crash in Encore importing as menu.

Return to posts index

David Lackey
on Jan 1, 2009 at 12:47:01 am

I'm having the same problem in Encore CS3 following the correct workflow. It's something about the layers themselves; it also crashes if I make a new project, create a new blank menu and hit "edit in Photoshop", and then paste my layers into it. I can save and go back to Encore and the buttons are detected and all, but trying to preview crashes Encore.

Return to posts index

Amanda Tasse
on Jun 10, 2011 at 3:37:54 am

I had the same issue for the past day (CS5 PSD & Encore). Continually crashing halfway through import as Menu in HD/Blueray mode. I tried everything. Import as menu every which way, dragging the file into Encore, reducing the size of my PSD file, renaming, moving files around, restarting, etc. etc.

FINALLY, what ended up working, was to remove all the menu "programming" (which I had inserted into my PSD file, per Adobe help instructions). So no (#) Page, no (<+) Button, no ... You get the point. Then Encore imported as menu. Hope this helps someone (2 years after your original post)!

If you found another work-around, please let us know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]