FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion blur issue once exported to DVD through Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Hallquist
Motion blur issue once exported to DVD through Encore
on Oct 23, 2008 at 2:50:38 pm

I have 59.94 HD footage. I edit it, export it through Adobe Media Encoder to Mpeg-2 DVD at 29.97, drop-frame, lower field dominance. I then import that .m2v file into Encore, and then export to DVD, without re-transcoding or encoding anything. The DVD plays back with a 24p-like jitter, or blur to it. I do not understand this. After encoding the .m2v file, I went back and played that on windows media player, and other media players, and the video played back as it should originally, very smooth. Why is it that in between creating the .m2v and exporting the DVD in Encore, I am getting this 24p-like blur/jitter to the video? Does it matter that some of these videos I am putting to DVD-DL and are quite large? Hope someone can help. Thanks. Any other info needed, I will supply for you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Motion blur issue once exported to DVD through Encore
on Oct 23, 2008 at 4:12:00 pm

Is your source footage interlaced? Perhaps Upper Field First? If so, change the field dominance during AME export to UFF as well.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

David Free
Re: Motion blur issue once exported to DVD through Encore
on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:36:11 pm

I'm having the same problem I hope you may have a simple answer to this. I'm finding that when I burn a DVD using Encore that although the video is perfect on the timeline both in Pro and Encore, when I burn the disc the picture is jittery. Still images when the camera wasn't moving are ok, but when the camera pans or there is action in the picture it seems to jump like the TV can't keep up with the moving image.

The project is in PAL 4:3 25fps. The Intermediate Media Timebase settings are set for 25fps, the original footage from the camera was PAL DV 720x576 (1.094) 25fps, the project settings are the same. The export settings on the Pro project were set to H264 but I tried changing this to Mpeg 2 but the same problem occurs. I used the Dynamic Link to send the project to Encore. Created a menu which works OK with no errors. It burns with out problems and when you watch it on the TV it's all jerky and jumpy. I even tried exporting the timeline from Pro to an mpg file, then importing that into Encore and creating a new project. The same result.

Do you have any idea what might cause this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]