FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange CS3 Error....help!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Eric Addison
Strange CS3 Error....help!
on Oct 11, 2008 at 6:11:11 am

Encore's been working fine up until today. It stopped importing files - nothing comes in and it hangs after it transcodes a file during the "import" phase.

I cancelled one build and it gave me this error message:
"Operating System Error:nummber 0x00000020 - The process cannont access the file because it is being used by another process"

I've tried deleting the cache file, I've tried going into the regestry and deleting that cache file, I've tried just about everything I could find after looking around for help - nothing works.

I've got CS4 on order, and Adobe says it's supposed to ship on the 14th, so I'm hoping it'll get it not long after that and before I need to burn anything too big - I don't want to have to move everything to my laptop where Encore is working fine. And I just got my Vista 64 upgrade disc and wanted to wait to install it when CS4 got here, but if installing the OS agin is what would fix this, I'll do it now.

Any ideas - any at all????

---Eric

Return to posts index

Gwendle Murray
Re: Strange CS3 Error....help!
on Oct 11, 2008 at 2:39:38 pm

Funny you should put this post up, well its not funny, I know its bloody annoying, but I just got the same message when trying to build my project after I clicked on cancel when it just seemed to hang on building. I hope someone has a solution because if not I am really screwed.

Return to posts index

Eric Addison
on Oct 11, 2008 at 3:35:32 pm

"I know its bloody annoying"

Quite right...I take some small comfort knowing I'm not alone in this.

I've posted both here and on the Adobe Encore forum, so hopefully someone will have some insight. But after doing a lot of research from people having similiar issues, it's looking like uninstall everything, the reinstall it...or just wait for CS4.

---Eric

Return to posts index

Gwendle Murray
on Oct 11, 2008 at 3:38:48 pm

unfortunately i don't have that option... i have to get it all created by tuesday... i really hate adobe right now

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]