FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of memory

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gwendle Murray
Out of memory
on Oct 11, 2008 at 12:41:45 am

Well I am trying to create an interactive DVD project for Tuesday. I have rendered all the videos to .wmv files and began putting it together when I got the "out of memory message," this is a real pain. I am now trying to put it together with Sony DVD Architect but its quite hard to use. I am using a new intel mac with 2GB RAM and 2.4ghz. Is it worth me upgrading to 4gb ram? I don't know what else to do! Please help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Out of memory
on Oct 11, 2008 at 2:10:38 am

Why render to .wmv? DVD is mpeg2. WMV is an even stranger choice considering you're on a Mac.

Please give some more details about your project.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Gwendle Murray
on Oct 11, 2008 at 2:19:12 am

I am rendering to wmv using sony vegas as my video editor. Should I just render all my video files to mpeg2? Do you think that will fix the problem? It shouldn't really matter what the file type is though should it?

My DVD file has quite a lot of menus seeing as it is an interactive DVD, where the user is presented with questions where they have 3 available answers to choose from. Each answer selected plays a video. If they choose a wrong answer they return to the question to try again. Once they select the correct answer they progress to the next question (the next menu).

Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 11, 2008 at 2:29:57 am

[Stephen Poleweski] "Should I just render all my video files to mpeg2?"

Yes.

Encoding to .wmv compresses the source video heavily, and then re-compressing it to mpeg2 further degrades the original quality.

To decode, play and transcode .wmv files, especially on a Mac, may involve some heavy lifting for your system that could easily contribute to this problem.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Gwendle Murray
on Oct 11, 2008 at 2:34:35 am

What if I just transcode all the wmv files as I add them? Would this help? It is just that to render all the files again to mpeg2 would take a day or two. If I could avoid that it would be good.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 11, 2008 at 2:44:36 am

The .wmv files have to be transcoded to mpeg2 anyway before Encore can burn them to DVD, so you might as well do it in Vegas and save the huge quality hit.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Gwendle Murray
on Oct 11, 2008 at 3:10:57 am

The trouble is, now when I export to mpeg2 pal 720x576 I get the black lines at the top and bottom, which I know is normal, however, some of the graphics that exit the screen at a certain point can be seen within those black lines. I have no idea how to fix that, or will it just fix itself when I put it all on DVD? At the moment a rendered file shows the graphics on the black lines as well. I tried to take a screenshot but it won't work for me either...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]