FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange menu problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Forrest
Strange menu problem
on Oct 10, 2008 at 5:59:24 pm

This only happens occasionally, which is why I'm so puzzled about what's causing it.

I render out an animated intro from After Effects, let's say it's a 10 second animation, the last frame of which is my menu. Then I also render out the final frame as a Photoshop file. So, my menu animates in, right?

Now, when I take both files into Encore and set the end action of the intro video as the final frame that I rendered out they don't seem to be the same size anymore - there is a definite 'jolt' as the last frame of the video transitions into the still frame. In actual fact, the still frame looks marginally smaller so when the DVD is burned this wierd 'shrinking' happens when the menu kicks in.

If it helps, the still frame is a far more accurate representation of the final frame of the animation. The video looks a bit big. I've tried setting different aspect ratios on the video clip to no avail.

Could it be something to do with the format I'm rendering out in? I'm currently rendering it out as a QT movie - should I try something else?

As I said, the wierd thing is that for all the animated menu's I've ever done this way I only encounter this wierdness maybe 20% of the time. I just can't seem to identify what I'm doing differently.

HELP!

Dave.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Strange menu problem
on Oct 10, 2008 at 8:11:40 pm

Are you using a timeline with an end action linked to a static menu?

Return to posts index

Dave Forrest
on Oct 11, 2008 at 11:46:30 am

Yes, I have a short 8 second animation rendered out as a QT movie. I have imported it into Encore, created a new timeline for it and set its end action to go to a menu. The menu is a still image - I have simply rendered out the final frame of the animation as a Photoshop file.

Dave.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 11, 2008 at 1:12:49 pm

That's not really the best way to tackle this.

Instead, use the video clip as a background for your menu. You'll probably want to pad out 10 or 15 seconds in AE for the still part of the menu. Export this as QT or AVI, then import it into Encore and set the menu background to the video file.

Then set the menu Loop Point property to the timecode when you want the button to become active.

Return to posts index

Dave Forrest
on Oct 11, 2008 at 4:27:55 pm

Joe, you're a life saver - that is a far more practical way to do it.

I guess the trade off is that every time you link back to the main menu from a sub menu, the animation plays. Or is there a way to link back to the loop point in the video perhaps?

Dave.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 11, 2008 at 8:30:33 pm

You could make two menus - one in its entirety, and the other with just what you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]