FORUMS: list search recent posts

Orphan menu issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael James
Orphan menu issue
on Oct 9, 2008 at 3:43:09 pm

I've been happily creating a DVD in Encore CS3 and when I check the project one of my transcoded MPGs comes up as an orphan menu, if I click on it Encore crashes. When I look at my list of menus it isn't there. I looked at the folders on my computer and there was an MPG in the menus folder and after I deleted it from there it was still showing up in Encore. I would really appreciate it if anybody could help but somehow I feel like I'm on my own with this one.

Cheers

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Orphan menu issue
on Oct 12, 2008 at 11:56:26 am

Since Encore crashes when you click on it, I'm going to assume the MPEG is corrupted somehow. Either the file itself or the file extension.

Have you trashed that file and re-encoded it? Does it still exhibit the same behavior?

If so, is there something different about the way you encoded that one particular MPEG vs. the others you've made?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Michael James
on Oct 13, 2008 at 12:24:31 am

No the mpeg isn't there any more, the mpeg is showing up as a menu, as in the file name for the mpeg has the red/orange icon with the 4 squares in it. so it appears encore is trying to read an mpeg as a menu file which it's then just crashing. i navigated to the projects folder on my hard disk and then under sourcesmenus there was the mpeg so I deleted that but it still appears in encore, but only after i have clicked on check project.

Return to posts index

Barry King
on May 20, 2009 at 1:26:42 pm

i have this exact same problem!

although i dont know about an mpg file. Encore tells me I've got an orphan menu (called simply Menu), but both of my Menu's are called Menu1 and Menu2, so I dont know where this file is coming from!!

my encore also crashes when i click it, and crashes if I try to build regardless. any help would be much appreciated, its very frustrating.

Return to posts index

Mike Morgan
on May 23, 2009 at 6:30:27 am

Me too. I'm totally over it. How can an 'orphan' menu be fixed when it doesn't exist?! Aaaaaargh! I gotta say I've been using Adobe programs for years and I love them, but... not right now! I use PS, AE and Premiere, have done since they first came out, but the number of crashes I've had with Encore makes me want to dump it.
Can ANYONE help?

Return to posts index

Michael James
on May 23, 2009 at 2:45:28 pm

I've not been able to figure this out and my only solution was to start again.

Return to posts index

Yarim Machado
on Aug 6, 2009 at 8:25:02 pm

Solved it!
Do this if you dont want to redo your project.
To get rid of an orphan menu you have to select it, it should appear on the box at the bottom of the flowshart menu, drag it to the flowchart, link it to itself and it will no longer be orphan... just leave it floating in the flowchart unconnected to everything else...

Labrats Multimedia 2D/3D Animation, Composit, Illustration and character design. To see a demo reel, go to http://www.labratsmultimedia.com

Return to posts index

Jesse Ribot
on Jul 22, 2010 at 3:43:41 am

We tried everything mentioned above, but nothing worked. There are a few differences in our situation. First, when we click "check project" we get a list of four orphaned menus. These are all files that were made as NTSC menus and we tried to import into this PAL project. We could not import them, made new menus in PAL format and succeeded to import. When we first had this problem we deleted the orphaned menus from the hard disk. They still showed up. We then cleared the cash and the problem persisted. Further, there are no floating menus in the flow chart that we can link to themselves. Any ideas? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ricardo lopez
on Sep 26, 2014 at 11:40:57 pm

you have to go to edit it in Photoshop and look at which group folder is not busy is not anything that you're occupying and delete it and save it and return to encore and recheck and ready.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]