FORUMS: list search recent posts

set-top player skips menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Huckle
set-top player skips menu
on Oct 9, 2008 at 12:27:59 pm

I have just finished a very simple wedding DVD with one menu, one timeline and one button.

When i burn to a DVD-R and play it on my set-top player, the menu is displayed for a moment but then the button is automatically selected and the timeline begins to play.

I only want the movie to play once the user has fully appreciated the design genius of the menu background and is ready to watch the video!

What is going on? This only happens on my set-top box. Confusingly, when i burn to a DVD+RW disc the problem dissappears, but i do not want to use re-useable discs for the final copies!!!

I have been creating an image from encore and using a third party image burning program (imgburn) to create the discs.

My menu is set to first play, end action = stop, override = none, default button = 1, music set to to 'loop forever'. Timeline end action = back to menu, timeline override = none.

Please help,

Will

Adobe Encore DVD 2.0.0.48678

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: set-top player skips menu
on Oct 9, 2008 at 2:00:38 pm

If it doesn't happen with DVD+RW then it sounds like an issue with your DVD media.

What brand and type of disc are you burning to? Have you tried a different brand? Are you burning at the slowest possible speed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]