FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating an Invisible button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
djam productions
Creating an Invisible button
on Oct 6, 2008 at 12:39:19 pm

Okay, here is what I want to create; a button that is only ever visible when in the highlighted state, so the button jumps from item to item in the menu. My button design is a solid colour, but has a smooth curve, similar to the Nike swoosh. I've tried making a button where the swoosh is formatted with (=1) in Photoshop and nothing for the activated and normal states, however, when I build or simulate the menu the edges of my swoosh are very very jaggy and unevenly so. Is this a limitation of the subpicture format or am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

I'm in Encore 2.0

Many thanks,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Creating an Invisible button
on Oct 6, 2008 at 2:58:53 pm

It is a limitation of the subpicture format in DVD-Video. If you can, avoid using curves when designing subpicture layers.

If you must have the curves, then try also creating a stroke subpicture layer (with a (=2) prefix) and set its opacity to less than the original graphic subpicture opacity. Play around opacities a bit and it should make the jaggies less jarring.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 6, 2008 at 3:00:14 pm

Also make sure your subpicture layers have no drop shadows, glows, or softness, if you haven't already.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 6, 2008 at 8:20:03 pm

Also here's lifesaving photoshop plug-in I use on all my 8bits.

http://home.comcast.net/~c.linke/dvdsub/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]