FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning Dual Layer DVDs in Encore CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Dave
Burning Dual Layer DVDs in Encore CS3
on Oct 4, 2008 at 9:00:03 pm

Hi all,

I have a video of a live event which is around 3-hours and 20-minutes. This apparently doesn't fit into a normal DVD5 disk. I am trying Dual Layer DVD but I have been unable to finish the project.

I tried automatic break, custom size without any success.

I used two differnet media as well. To make sure my medias are OK I burnt lots of pictures around 7GB on one, so the media seems ok.

Could anyone please help me how to go round this problem. This has given me a few grey hair so far.

Looking forward to hearing a helpful and quick responses.

Many thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Burning Dual Layer DVDs in Encore CS3
on Oct 4, 2008 at 9:52:29 pm

Don't use custom size in the Build panel...select dual-layer DVD.

Other than that, what's going wrong?

Return to posts index

John Dave
on Oct 4, 2008 at 10:12:57 pm

When I try to burn the 3H20M video (5GB file) on a DUAL layer DVD it simply stucks somewhere in the middle of transcoding.

Under Disc Info, this is what I choose:
Dual Layer Disc (It says 5GB file)
Side:one
Layer brak: Automatic

Later on in the middle of transcoding it stops and doesn't go further.

Lets assume you have a one timeline of 3:30 and 2-two minute timelines with ten menus and CHECK PROJECT doesn't give you any problem. What should be done under the disc menu?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 4, 2008 at 11:12:38 pm

If it's freezing during transcoding, then you have a transcoding problem, not a burning problem.

Transcoding problems are usually due to bad codecs on your system.

Return to posts index

John Dave
on Oct 4, 2008 at 11:36:08 pm

Thanks Joe for your replies.

It doesn't freezes, it just doesn't move forward to finish the project.

Anyway, what I did was select a CUSTOM and make disc size 8.5GB, then I saw a change in the bar showing the size of the DISC SPACE USED. Before that when I changed the SIZE from 4,7GB to 8.54GB the bar didn't move how much is being used. Back to what I was saying. I selected manual break, but I didn't get any other box or dialogue box to select it. What is unbelieveably funny is it is working now. But I need to wait to see if it goes to the final stage.

If it didn't finish, I am making 2 discs but definitely follow this to learn making dual layer disc or longer films.

Thanks again Joe

John

Return to posts index

John Dave
on Oct 5, 2008 at 1:22:22 pm

Dual Layer DVD,

Wheneven I tried to burn a Dual Layer DVD, at one time during the process, it said 'ACCESS DENIED' This time at the end it said' OPERATING SYSTEM ERROR: NUMBER 0X00000020 The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I say: The files were not used by other process at all.

Finally I gave up the Dual layer DVD and tried to burn a DVD5 file it stucks in the same place as the Dual Layer. I think the file may have been corrupted. Later on I will try to start from scratch.

Anyone knows any other solution, please do send your help. This project has already passed the deadline.

Many thanks for all the replies.

John

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Brad Arnold
on Feb 9, 2009 at 8:13:34 pm

Right click on Encore Icon and select "Run as Administrator". don't know why but i had the exact same problem and this worked for me. Building the DL-DVD as I type. hope it does the same for you.

Return to posts index

Andrew Strugnell
on Jun 16, 2009 at 8:03:14 am

Oh Brilliant!

Thanks for you suggestion - it has worked for me.
I also experienced the "Access Denied" error in Encore CS3, on my Win7 x64 RC1 machine. Having right-clicked Encore and selected "Run As Administrator" - I no-longer have this issue, and can successfully burn DVD DL discs.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Gara
on Jul 11, 2009 at 12:07:26 am

Thanks for the post! I was having trouble burning DL DVD's and for some reason Running as an Administrator makes it work. Terrible what Microsoft does to people. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]