FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get a sound FX when clicking play button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Endres
How to get a sound FX when clicking play button
on Sep 30, 2008 at 6:51:27 pm

Hi,

When using encore, is there anyway to make a sound effect occur when pressing a play button.

I attempted to make the wav file for the sound effect a timeline and make it linked to the play button (like a first play) and than link that to the actual movie. What I expected occured.. a black screen while the sound effect played, than the movie.. not what I want.

If anyone knows if this possible I would appreciate your input.

Carl

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
Re: How to get a sound FX when clicking play button
on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:06:34 am

This isn't possible in DVD. There is a crude work around but this tutorial is for DVDSP. I doubt Encore will allow such functionality:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/alexzander_alex/audio_feedback_menu...

Return to posts index

Carl Endres
on Oct 1, 2008 at 11:13:50 am

Thanks Eric for getting back and forwarding the link. I'll check out the workaround and see if it can work in encore. Seems like it would be a simple thing to do but I guess it is not.

Carl

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:08:51 pm

[Eric Pautsch] "I doubt Encore will allow such functionality:"

Encore will allow the same functionality, and the concept is the same - multiple menus and button auto-activate to take you to the menu with the click sound. You can use the same workaround to have full 24 bit color button "highlights" (which are also not possible with DVD-Video, except with this workaround).

It's a lot of work if you have multiple menus and buttons, and of course the biggest limitation is if you view the DVD in a software DVD player, you must click the button to go to the next menu and get the click.

In general, I find it most satisfying to work within the limitations of the format: use button highlights on menus. You'll find most Hollywood DVDs stick with the limitations of the format, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]