FORUMS: list search recent posts

dummy data

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Lovein
dummy data
on Sep 29, 2008 at 10:16:58 pm

My DVD player for TV did not recognize the burned disc and I think it was because the project burned was short, (3 minutes). I would like to add dummy data to see if this solves the problem but I am not sure how to do that.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: dummy data
on Sep 30, 2008 at 12:15:35 am

Add about a gigabyte of random files to the DVD-ROM section of the Build panel.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Mary Lovein
on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:55:45 am

Jeff, Yes, I think that is what I will do. I dont think I want to add random stuff if I am going to be sending it out. Maybe I can just copy and paste the sequence in the timeline so it plays over and over. Is this a way to go? The other way may be to just add black....? I am very new at this and maybe too new for the advanced posters on this forum. Thank you very much for your response.

btw, I love the ignited soccer ball video you made.

Best wishes and aloha, from the Big Island of Hawaii

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 30, 2008 at 10:05:02 am

I'm glad you liked the video. Mahalo! :-)

I suggested random files as a test. I'm with you - I wouldn't send a DVD with random stuff on it to a client. ;-)

I assume you are using DVD-R blank media. Some players need a minimum of 1 GB of data when playing back -R media. You might want to think about using DVD+R, since the +R format doesn't require a minimum size on any player that plays +R discs. It depends on your client(s) and their players.

For -R, duplicating the timelines is a good idea, if it fits in with the way the disc will be used.

No matter whether you add ROM content, or add extra timelines, anything that you put on the disc will be accessible to the audience in some way. It may not be easy for them, but it is possible.

ROM content can be found via Windows Explorer or the Finder on a Mac. Orphan timelines that aren't linked to by any menu buttons or by any other timeline can still be accessed by direct number select on a remote or via pulldown menus on some software DVD players. And any DVD ripping software will find them.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]