FORUMS: list search recent posts

End Action = Return to Loop Point

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gwendle Murray
End Action = Return to Loop Point
on Sep 29, 2008 at 11:33:11 am

Ok, so I am creating an interactive dvd with many menus where the user selects certain options that take them to different videos. Each of my menus has a motion introduction whereby the buttons become active once the menu reaches the loop point I have set. My problem is, once a video has finished playing and I set the end action to go back to a certain menu, it does so but plays the menu from the very beginning, introduction and all. What I would like it to do is to return to the menu but play from the set loop point so that the buttons are available straight away and the user doesn't have to watch the same introduction again. I thought Encore would have an option for this but I can't seem to find it.

How can I do this? I figure the only work around at the moment is to split the current menu at the loop point and instead have the introduction play as a timeline that at the end goes straight to the menu with the buttons active. The problem with this is I get 'the black pause' between the them, I want to avoid this if at all possible seeing as I'll have an audio stutter as well.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: End Action = Return to Loop Point
on Sep 29, 2008 at 11:59:31 am

CS3 and earlier versions do not have that capability - duplicate menus must be used.

En CS4 does have a new menu loop point feature where you choose the point at which you want the menu to start playing after it loops.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Gwendle Murray
on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:33:01 am

Awww I need to hand this dvd in within the next two weeks! I wish they released it now!!!

Does anyone else know of any other work arounds??

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:43:19 pm

Yes, use two menus...one that has all the animation, and the other that has only what you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]