FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 update

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Hocking
Encore CS4 update
on Sep 24, 2008 at 2:45:46 pm

Does anyone know how Adobe will be selling updates for Encore. Will it be a stand alone product once again, bundled with Premier Pro or do we have to buy the whole Creative Suite 4 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore CS4 update
on Sep 24, 2008 at 3:07:01 pm

It's bundled with Premiere CS4, as they were in CS3.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 25, 2008 at 2:40:01 am

Bundled with Premiere as before. Check to see if it actually works on a Mac if that's your platform before purchasing. You can check my blog to see our experiences (or lack thereof) with CS3.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jon Hocking
on Sep 25, 2008 at 8:02:11 am

Walter, I'm surprised your having problems with Blu-ray in ES3. We have produced over 10 projects without a single problem. We are on PC's but I think the main reason for our success is that we do all of the preperation outside of Encore, we only use Encore to "Stitch" a project together NEVER make changes in Encore. Menus are completed in Photoshop, including all buttons, subpicture and menu colour set. We use Edius Procoder3 for encoding in MPeg2 - Encore encoders are not very good by comparison - chapter time codes are noted from the Edius timeline and entered into the Encore timeline, again never change a chapter position in Encore. The BD-R discs made by Encore have all played on Blu-ray players that recognize this type of disc.
We had to learn the above the hard way in our first project, but follow these simple rules and no problems. Looking forward to the additional features in ES4.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 26, 2008 at 2:42:17 am

[Jon Hocking] "We are on PC's but I think the main reason for our success"

Being on a PC is the reason for your success. Encore CS3 does not work properly on a Mac, never has. But supposedly it now works on a Mac in CS4 and apparently it's in part due to us.

http://www.biscardicreative.com/blog/?p=15

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 26, 2008 at 12:10:39 pm

[walter biscardi] "Encore CS3 does not work properly on a Mac, never has. "

And Walter paints with a very broad brush, always has.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Oct 2, 2008 at 2:01:03 am

[Joe Bowden] "And Walter paints with a very broad brush, always has. "

Joe, you're welcome to come to our shop and make Encore work. I'd love to see it work, but it won't. I've gotten so many emails from other Mac users who have said the same thing and recent emails I've received from Adobe just confirm the fact that Encore CS3 does not work properly on the Mac.

I CAN say that we've already created some cool BluRay titles using NetBlender's DoStudio. PopUp menus, full commercial replication specs, the works. It's great to actually be able to create a BluRay disc that the client is excited to watch and what we've been trying to do for 12 months. It required a Windows workstation purchase, but the piece of mind it brought to our facility is worth every penny.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 6, 2008 at 1:27:43 am

I have had never been able to burn a blu-ray from Encore on a mac. We've had to use toast to get it to work. I have not pushed Blu-ray for our clients because of Encore. I hope CS4 work better on the mac.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.5.2-QT 7.4

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Oct 12, 2008 at 11:54:46 am

[Dave Jenkins] "I have had never been able to burn a blu-ray from Encore on a mac. We've had to use toast to get it to work"

That's how we had to do this too. Create the disc in Encore and burn in Toast. At least it worked.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Bob Ramage
on Oct 28, 2008 at 3:44:07 am

I've successfully burned Blu-ray discs directly from Encore CS3 on my Mac Pro, but there are problems with menu features in the resulting disc. CS3 definitely works better in Windows. Hopefully CS4 will be an improvement, although I'm still undecided about whether or not to upgrade. I'd like to see what Apple has planned for the next version of FCS first.

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Oct 30, 2008 at 5:12:18 am

Well if Steve Jobs' comment that Blu Ray is a "world of hurt" is any indication, I wouldn't be holding my breath for full Blu Ray Support any time soon. I was sorely disappointed to find out upon arrival that Apple decided to opt out of the NAB convention this year. As far as I know nobody has heard anything from Apple yet about FCS3...if it is even in the works. That's why I'm having to go the Encore route for Blu Ray for now. Unfortunately, authoring on a PC just isn't an option for us, and neither is the $250-per-month fee for the NetBlender software. We just purchased CS4 Production Suite (for many reasons other than Encore), and I am curious to find out if the issues people have been having with Encore CS3 are truly resolved. Using toast to burn is an acceptable work-around, but it'd be nice to be able to burn and author in the same program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]