FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Export - Does it Even Work?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean ONeil
Flash Export - Does it Even Work?
on Sep 24, 2008 at 7:24:17 am

I bought CS3 just for Blu-ray authoring. But the whole flash thing would be great if it's as easy as it looks.

I tried building a simple 3 minute timeline to a Flash swf. It just hung at 30% or so.

Is this normal? Or does it simply not work, the way I hear Blu-ray menus don't work?

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
Re: Flash Export - Does it Even Work?
on Sep 24, 2008 at 10:55:18 am

I've made 2 or 3 flash versions of DVDs. It does take a while, but I've never had any problmes. Haven't tried Blu-Ray yet, but read there are some problmes with it.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 25, 2008 at 2:42:08 am

Are you working on a Mac? We never got the Flash feature to work either.

BluRay doesn't work on CS3 with the Mac either. Play Only buttons work, menus just don't work. No clue if CS4 works and we're definitely not going to be the first in line to purchase it. DoStudio from NetBlender is working out pretty cool. Pop-up menus and multiple menus on our very first project. Very cool.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 25, 2008 at 5:13:12 am

Flash export does work in Encore CS3 on the Mac; not sure exactly what Walter's problem was.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 26, 2008 at 2:43:25 am

[Joe Bowden] "Flash export does work in Encore CS3 on the Mac; not sure exactly what Walter's problem was."

The problem was identified by the Adobe Encore team to be a problem with either Quicktime or the Mac OS. The other problem was the Encore team neglected to tell us this nifty little tip until yesterday when they told us all is well in CS4.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Sean ONeil
on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:03:27 am

[walter biscardi] "The problem was identified by the Adobe Encore team to be a problem with either Quicktime or the Mac OS. The other problem was the Encore team neglected to tell us this nifty little tip until yesterday when they told us all is well in CS4."

I've seen a lot of your posts showing disapproval for Adobe's way of handling these problem. I don't blame you one bit, and I share your opinion. I just spend over $1000 simply because there was no other reasonable way to create a BD. I don't use Photoshop and AE intensely enough to merit the upgrade to CS3 - I just did it for Encore. All software has bugs at first, but I would expect something that's been out this long (CS4 was just announced after all) to have been fixed by now.

Sean

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Sep 27, 2008 at 3:07:38 pm

[walter biscardi] "The other problem was the Encore team neglected to tell us this nifty little tip until yesterday when they told us all is well in CS4."

Is it out of the question that they didn't narrow it down until recently?

I don't work on a Mac very often personally (I do have CS3 Mac and I can't remember ever trying to export to Flash on the Mac), and I don't doubt what any of you who are having problems are saying, but it can be maddening to track something down when not all users with a general configuration are having the same problem. It sounds like if they've "narrowed it down" to QT or the OS that they've been able to reproduce the issue, but it's still pretty cryptic.

Even in this small thread, there are posts that state the feature seems to work appropriately.

I do work a bit with Adobe BTW as a bit of a disclaimer, but I don't tend to whitewash their failings...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index

Sean ONeil
on Sep 25, 2008 at 6:34:42 am

[walter biscardi] "Are you working on a Mac?"

Yes, I am.

Sean

Return to posts index

Bob Ramage
on Oct 28, 2008 at 3:36:34 am

Flash export from Encore CS3 definitely does not work on the Mac when using any version of Quicktime newer than 7.3.1. It works correctly in Windows.

Apparently Flash export works correctly in Encore CS4 on the Mac. Nonetheless, the fact that Adobe was well aware of the problem for more than a year and chose to blame Apple rather than patch it is disconcerting to say the least. Will a future Quicktime update break it again?

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Mar 3, 2009 at 1:07:38 am

I've had the same problem trying to export flash. I'm on CS3 on a MacBookPro and have now tried 3 different projects. The first was pretty big so I figured I was just impatient. But my latest attempt was only about a 2 min video with one menu.

The big question is...if it doesn't work, is there a patch or any work around.

After the great hullabaloo Adobe made about this feature when first announcing CS3 I would think they would want to make it work for all of us!

John Goerner
Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

Bob Ramage
on Mar 3, 2009 at 1:30:23 am

I'm now using CS4 on the Mac and Flash export works perfectly. Adobe never did get it fixed in CS3 for newer versions of Quicktime, so the only workaround is to revert to Qt 7.3.1, a huge pain to say the least! CS4 is far superior to CS3 and I would certainly recommend an upgrade as the better solution.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Nov 4, 2009 at 1:55:18 pm

Someone quietly fixed this for CS3, probably Apple. It now works. I'm using OS X 10.5.8 and Quicktime 7.6.4. Now I don't have to upgrade to CS4! Thank you Apple.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]