FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unbelievable behavior from ENCORE!! Pls help

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raffi lex
Unbelievable behavior from ENCORE!! Pls help
on Sep 20, 2008 at 1:14:42 pm

Hello;
I am trying to get an HD quality movie. I have 4GB of RAM. In Encore, I only have one menu with a video background in the project imported from Photoshop, supposed to be HD at 1920 x 1080. It looks fine in Encore resolution wise. Then when I export to DVD folder, the quality is horrible. I clicked edit menu in Photoshop, then made the menu twice as big, Encore recognizes the changes and the resolution is further enhanced in the menu, but the DVD export yields the same results, and identical file size no matter what the res. of the menu is. I went up to 7680 x 4320...same story. I changed the pixel aspect ratio from square to 1.333, didn’t do a thing, I changed the projects settings bit rate from 8 to 9.4...same.
Thanks
Raffi

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Unbelievable behavior from ENCORE!! Pls help
on Sep 21, 2008 at 11:31:24 am

Are you creating a DVD or a BluRay? You say you have an HD menu but then you also mention DVD as the output. DVD is Standard Definition, not HD. Sounds like you have Encore set up to make a standard DVD and not a BluRay disc.

HD doesn't really work on a DVD disc, we've tried it and it stutters.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

raffi lex
on Sep 21, 2008 at 11:37:33 am

Hi Walter, thanks for your reply.

My original intention was a DVD output, I have seen or heard HD DVD many times best to my knowledge. Having said that, I tried outputing to Bluray, the reolustion is much better relatively speaking, but still pretty pixelated. Another issue with blueray is I cant open the right file after I output, the one I see only as openable is under the stream folder, and is recognized by my player, but when I run that file, the buttons dont work. Note that I am outputing to blueray folder.
Raffi

Return to posts index

raffi lex
on Sep 21, 2008 at 5:21:18 pm

Actually the res. is much much better in Encore when I use bluray (HD quality), the problem is non of the buttons work. I have imported submenus and linked the main menu buttons to them. Export to DVD...all the buttons work fine, to Bluray folder, the buttons wont work. Is it possible am opening the wrong file? am opening the .m2ts files under the stream folder with Roxio player. There are five files there, one for each menu, but it just opens static menus.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 22, 2008 at 1:00:33 pm

An M2TS file is a video stream...menus would not work there.

Blu-ray requires a dedicated Blu-ray player (software or hardware). In the Blu-ray player, you would "open" the BDMV folder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]