FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'd be surprized if anyone can answer this...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Strickler
I'd be surprized if anyone can answer this...
on Sep 17, 2008 at 5:28:05 pm

New to CS3 and trying to build a DVD in Encore. Problem as come up when I preview a clip after the clip finishes the program crashes out of Encore. These are short 30 second movies created in Premiere and then encoded for DVD from the Premiere timeline using the Matrox RT.X2 encoder. The movies both play just fine from the timeline in Encore its just when I try to preview them is when it crashes. I'm not sure where to go from here. They were encoded as m2v and PCM for the sound.

Any ideas?

I'll add here that if I stop playing the clip in the time line before the end Encore does not crash.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
Re: I'd be surprized if anyone can answer this...
on Sep 17, 2008 at 5:57:18 pm

I just played the main clip which is one hour and 28 minutes long and when the clip had finished playing Encore crashed just like the two shorter clips. It did first go to the main menu (which is what it is set to do) before crashing.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 17, 2008 at 6:02:24 pm

Try removing all end actions from the timelines...do they crash then?

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Sep 17, 2008 at 7:16:00 pm

I'll try that Joe. It just crashed again, this time I had made a minor change in a fourth level menu that I was working on and tried to preview from the menu. It never even got to the clips. It appears to me so far, that changing something in a menu can cause the crash. I only say that because that has been the trigger. At least that's what it seems like.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Sep 17, 2008 at 6:16:49 pm

Ok, looks like it has something to do with the menus. When I deleted all the menus and then played in preview Encore did not crash. Now I have to figure out what I did wrong in making the main menu to cause the crash.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]